Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you stoned enough to vote Tory?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
http://gu.com/p/3zzv3

I guess the only way most people will vote Tory is when under the influence of mind-bending drugs.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Another policy the Tories have poached from the Monster Raving Loony Party ?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If I was that stoned, I doubt if I would be able to get it together to, errr .... what was the question again?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Does bashing the conservatives still make you cool & edgy?
Sure does dude. What the tories want, is to **** us all over, and line their pockets. Labour on the other hand - salt of the earth. They'd sell their own home to make our lives better.

I'm a floating voter, and switch between red and blue with the wind. I don't like either party. But I have always disliked how it's supposed to be cool to be left wing, as if voting anything else makes you a bad person. I typically want what's best for our economy, because if that's doing well, there's money for health and education etc.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does bashing the conservatives still make you cool & edgy?

No, but I have already written some craft beer posts today. What else can I do?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I typically want what's best for our economy, because if that's doing well, there's money for health and education etc.
... and for you...... yes?... no?.... undecided?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
... and for you...... yes?... no?.... undecided?
Oh blimey. Doesn't matter what I think. I generally find that when times are good, Labour get in, and help the NHS and education. And when things are bad, we vote in the tories to fix it. And although our latest crisis was part of a global shitstorm, I do think Labour spent too much during the good times, instead of paying off our debts. But Labour had been in for a long time, and every government that's been in a long time starts to get complacent, and makes a mess of it.

I guess historically, I trust the tories with the economy more than I trust labour, but I really don't know. It's not easy to work out what's best when the parties are all busy slagging each other off and filling our brains with misinformation.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Oh blimey. Doesn't matter what I think. I generally find that when times are good, Labour get in, and help the NHS and education. And when things are bad, we vote in the tories to fix it. And although our latest crisis was part of a global shitstorm, I do think Labour spent too much during the good times, instead of paying off our debts. But Labour had been in for a long time, and every government that's been in a long time starts to get complacent, and makes a mess of it.

I guess historically, I trust the tories with the economy more than I trust labour, but I really don't know. It's not easy to work out what's best when the parties are all busy slagging each other off and filling our brains with misinformation.

Makes sense.....

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Sure does dude. What the tories want, is to **** us all over, and line their pockets. Labour on the other hand - salt of the earth. They'd sell their own home to make our lives better.

I'm a floating voter, and switch between red and blue with the wind. I don't like either party. But I have always disliked how it's supposed to be cool to be left wing, as if voting anything else makes you a bad person. I typically want what's best for our economy, because if that's doing well, there's money for health and education etc.

What you say at the end is true that if the economy does well we have money for health and education. The problem is that over the years the Tories have tended to spend the money they've saved boosting the economy on tax cuts and lining their mates pockets rather than public services and Labour, whose natural tendency is to spend on health and education have wasted a lot of money in the process using consultants and suchlike. The truth as far as I can see is that if you want a decent economy you're better off with the Tories but if you want decent health and education then they're not going to provide it. If only there could be some sort of coalition thingy where we could do both....

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Won't be stoned but will be voting for one party in EU election and a different one in next General Election. Think there are many like me at moment,

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
You would need to be stoned to vote for any of the major parties, to vote labour however you would need to be stoned and have severe Dementia.

Am I the only one who remembers 2008 and the debacle they presided over or did I dream it?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
You would need to be stoned to vote for any of the major parties, to vote labour however you would need to be stoned and have severe Dementia.

Am I the only one who remembers 2008 and the debacle they presided over or did I dream it?

Sorry, the Labour party "presided over" a world financial crisis precipitated by sub-prime morthgage lending in the USA? I think you may be overestimating the importance of our political parties ...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The problem is that over the years the Tories have tended to spend the money they've saved boosting the economy on tax cuts and lining their mates pockets rather than public services
I'm sure I don't keep track of the details as well as a lot of people on here. Do the tories really cut taxes that much?
Labour, whose natural tendency is to spend on health and education have wasted a lot of money in the process using consultants and suchlike.
Unfortunately, mammoth organisations like the NHS are hugely inefficient, whatever party is handling it.
The truth as far as I can see is that if you want a decent economy you're better off with the Tories but if you want decent health and education then they're not going to provide it. If only there could be some sort of coalition thingy where we could do both....
:lol:

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
Just look at the rise in debt levels for the UK during the reign on the "Iron Chancellor". This from a government that had a booming housing market, stock market and more money than they could chuck away. Now Dave cant control it either and its getting larger. Just like anyone who has hit the limits on the credit card. A larger rise in debt than just about any other country BTW .

But as I think they are all useless ( Mainstream politicians) I will allow labour supporters a little amnesia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here