Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

totally OT: where can I get todays Evening Standard in central brighton?

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
good folk of NSC!

anyone know where I can get todays evening standard from? Now it is free, the newsagents are understandably reticent to stock it...

one option might be to nip onto a train from london and pick one up from the seats but this risks a penalty fare...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
isnt there a box of them at the station? i'd have a look there near the entrances.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
What is in it?

My suggestion was going to be one of the london trains as well

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
yeah - i have looked there but cant see any ? can you give us a clue where it might be?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Don't homeless people use the Standard as toilet paper or is it The Argus ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Never used to be able to get one in Croydon, let alone Brighton, apart from one day some chancer had an armful of them just down from East Croydon station and tried charging 50p for one, long after it had gone free.

Shame the Standard can't do a morning version and splatter the South East with them, its a quality read as opposed to the dumbest-of-the-dumbed-down Metro.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
You need to get the other side of the barriers at the station (do they still do platform tickets?) and grab one of the many copies that will be lying around on the trains from London before the cleaners get to them.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Can I ask for what reason?

there is an article in there today featuring someone I know and i would like a voucher copy of the paper...

But as others have said, despite its right-leaning editorial stance, it is a far greater publication than the crappy old metro and costs the same - ie, zip!

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
You need to get the other side of the barriers at the station (do they still do platform tickets?) and grab one of the many copies that will be lying around on the trains from London before the cleaners get to them.

I imagine platform tickets went out with the Jimmy Saville "this is the age of the train" campaign...

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
good folk of NSC!

anyone know where I can get todays evening standard from? Now it is free, the newsagents are understandably reticent to stock it...

one option might be to nip onto a train from london and pick one up from the seats but this risks a penalty fare...

I can grab a handful if you want... will be at Portslade station at 6:04 (if southern on time) coming in on the London Bridge to Littlehampton train.

Or will be at Forest on sat?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd just wander up to the station and ask a staffmember or cleaner. Trains arriving in Brighton from London will be full of 'em.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
I can grab a handful if you want... will be at Portslade station at 6:04 (if southern on time) coming in on the London Bridge to Littlehampton train.

Or will be at Forest on sat?

Thanks - thats a really kind offer. I just blagged my way through the gates at brighton and picked one up off a thameslink so... job done!
thanks all

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Thanks - thats a really kind offer. I just blagged my way through the gates at brighton and picked one up off a thameslink so... job done!
thanks all

Is the picture of the fit girl in your office a good one?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here