Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday: we need a volunteer

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Should it all go horribly wrong, or simply go as expected, then we need someone to volunteer to do the following:

- Wear something slightly comedic or that otherwise stands out
- Look completely distraught when it looks for certain that we will be out of the play-offs (optional: crying)
- Stay behind in the stand when most others have gone. (required: sit away from anyone else left so a camera focused on you makes it appear as though you're the last one left)
- Stare around the stadium looking completely lost (optional: crying)
- Generally act as if the very worst thing that could happen to you, has just happened to you
- Be the focus of jokes from opposing supporters, notably from Palace, who will use your image to poke fun at the Albion for the foreseeable future

It's a tough gig for sure, but someone has to do it.

Anyone?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
You say the crying is optional but I think it will be a very HALF-ARSED effort if they don't shed any tears.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Will the volunteer need a girlfriend that try's the comforting arm round the shoulder but clearly doesn't understand the enormity of the situation?

Either that, or be with a kid who is even more distraught than the 'parent'. I say 'parent' because borrowing a child for this purpose is acceptable if you don't have your own.

If you do go down the kid route though, they do HAVE to cry. Lots. Ideally with face paint on.

Country Seagull

Jan 11, 2013
Something like this?

ijcr28gyc2jze.png

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
You say the crying is optional but I think it will be a very HALF-ARSED effort if they don't shed any tears.

Agree, blubbing should be compulsory. The successful applicant should also be able to blow snot bubbles whilst their body is wracked with heaving great sobs! It's also particularly endearing if you could be accompanied by a small child (preferably blonde) bawling it's eyes out and looking confused.:(

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Either that, or be with a kid who is even more distraught than the 'parent'. I say 'parent' because borrowing a child for this purpose is acceptable if you don't have your own.

If you do go down the kid route though, they do HAVE to cry. Lots. Ideally with face paint on.

I tried to get into Selhurst a few years ago to see us vs Wimbledon, no ticket but thought I'd try on the gate. Also in a little queue of 5 or 6 was a dad with a kid - "keep crying mate" he whispered, "we'll get in."

None of us did.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
It fine, I have a Reading supporting mate. I will pass these requirements on to him seeing as he will be at the Madejski on Saturday

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Is Safeway going to the game? He did such a great job in Cardiff, both on TV and at The Millennium stadium - and that when we were winning. He is the leading candidate.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Should it all go horribly wrong, or simply go as expected, then we need someone to volunteer to do the following:

- Wear something slightly comedic or that otherwise stands out
- Look completely distraught when it looks for certain that we will be out of the play-offs (optional: crying)
- Stay behind in the stand when most others have gone. (required: sit away from anyone else left so a camera focused on you makes it appear as though you're the last one left)
- Stare around the stadium looking completely lost (optional: crying)
- Generally act as if the very worst thing that could happen to you, has just happened to you
- Be the focus of jokes from opposing supporters, notably from Palace, who will use your image to poke fun at the Albion for the foreseeable future

It's a tough gig for sure, but someone has to do it.

Anyone?

Bozza - you have never been funnier, which is a shame. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here