Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Stadium plans for Whitehawk...

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Well, if there happens to be a match on at Whitehawk and a non match day for the Seagulls, then I might just have to pop down there

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Brighton and Hove City ? F**k off.....

As for their plans - how are they planning to pay for it ? Also, do they really warrant a new ground ? They only just stayed up in the Skrill South this season. Had they got promoted again, then fair enough. They barely attract 200 fans too, so why do they want to build a (what looks like) lower-FL standard ground ?

Getting a bit big for their boots...it'll all end in tears.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

As for their plans - how are they planning to pay for it ? Also, do they really warrant a new ground ? They only just stayed up in the Skrill South this season. Had they got promoted again, then fair enough. They barely attract 200 fans too, so why do they want to build a (what looks like) lower-FL standard ground ?

Perhaps they looked at Albion and thought new ground = bigger crowds.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Isn't it just Brighton City FC?

It does seem rather odd, I assume this is slightly dependant on them making it to the Conference.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Perhaps they looked at Albion and thought new ground = bigger crowds.

But we had always a large fanbase. I highly, highly doubt Whitehawk have thousands of other fans. Also, even with a new ground - could they really gain new fans with us on the edge of the Premier League ?

RE similarities to the CPFC badge, Whitehawk havent changed their badge for a while now - so you could say Palace copied them a bit.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Show the two crests to some birdwatchers, and they won't be able to tell you which is which.

hawks.jpg

150px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo.svg.png

For the record.....

Capacity unknown it seems, 10k at most probably.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008

Why did we need to build a PLR/International standard venue when we were rattling round League 1 and not really that long before only just stayed in the league? We barely attracted 7000 fans at Withdean.

Im guessing its all about ambition and they are hoping that the old "build it and they will come" saying will work for them. Maybe they are after the [MENTION=28453]TomandJerry[/MENTION] market of fans who just enjoy watching local football when their team (who ever they support) are not playing, who knows. I'm surprised about the size of the training facilities though and I do wonder where the cash will come from but if they want to go for it then why shouldn't they? If they go bankrupt in the process then the facilities will still exist for others to use.

Be interesting to see more things like capacity and where they are actually going to build it though

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
But we had always a large fanbase. I highly, highly doubt Whitehawk have thousands of other fans. Also, even with a new ground - could they really gain new fans with us on the edge of the Premier League ?

I'm not saying it will work, just suggesting a possible reason they think a shiny new ground is justified. Personally I doubt it will ever happen.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
What Whitehawk do doesn't bother me in the slightest, however the name change to Brighton and Hove City is a bit of a pisstake. East Brighton FC would seem more approriate.

But the people on here comparing our situation to theres is a little bit silly in my opinion, currently they struggle to get crowds of more than a few hundred, where are these thousands of fans going to come from week in week out to watch a struggling conference south team,

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here