Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sh-t or Bust Saturday

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Will OG gamble big time and start with Ulloa and CMS up top or will he give it until the normal 60 minute mark to have a go ?
Personally I think we should have a right go at them from the start as in reality we have nothing to lose on Saturday
But then again I'm not OG .

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Our away form is superb. Change nothing. We don't want to lose the game in the first 25 and then find out Reading are 2 down at half time. A draw MIGHT be enough.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well its some achievement to be going into the last game of the season still having the chance of making it depending on the Reading score of course. Many of us including me didn't see this scenario at the start of the season with what was happening at the time. There will be a few twists and turns on Saturday but hopefully it will all end in our favour ! :albion2:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not playing two up top doesn't have to mean we are being NEGATIVE. Starting with Leo, Kaz, Buckley, March and Lingard is bloody attacking.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In what way ??
Teams from 8th to 18th have nothing to gain and nothing to lose. We have a playoff place to win or lose. If Reading win, it's out of our hands, but the odds of Reading winning are about even, which means there's half a chance it's down to us - everything to win/lose.

We have to at least score one and win and hope Reading draw or lose so it's all or nothing.
I think the point of your opening post, was that there's no point playing for a draw - we have to go out to win. And I agree there. But playing CMS and Ulloa upfront for the first time probably isn't the best way to achieve that. When there's 15 minutes to go, and we need a goal, then there's not much to lose. But at the start of the game, let's attack, but try not to concede too.

We have nothing to lose, because we have nothing.
We don't have nothing. We have a chance of the playoffs.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we have to win and hope reading dont win....that is it really.......if we had beaten blackpool we would be in the drivers seat but we didnt so we arent.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
we have to win and hope reading dont win....that is it really.......if we had beaten blackpool we would be in the drivers seat but we didnt so we arent.

Have i done the maths wrong?
I thought a draw was enough if Reading lose?

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
We'll go all out defence. Play one up front. Look ponderous and wonder how we managed to conspire to lose when Reading dropped points too.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Have i done the maths wrong?
I thought a draw was enough if Reading lose?

It would since Reading's GD would be lowered if they started to lose (we are both on 14 GD at the moment) and ours would remain at 14, hence being on the same amount of points (70) but having a better GD.

We could draw 0-0, but if Reading lose - then were in the play-offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here