Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4 - 0 with 31% possession...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That was Real Madrid against Bayern tonight. Oscar take note..

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
It's the goals that count,but if everybody played like Chelsea did on Sunday football would die within a year or two.
People pay to be entertained.Not bored shitless.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6313629 said:
Yes Oscar, we demand you sign counter attacking talent on par with Ronaldo, Di Maria and Bale :clap2:

even if he did i can still think of a few on NSCthat would declare the transfers rubbish, the players useless and Oscar to be sacked

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's the goals that count,but if everybody played like Chelsea did on Sunday football would die within a year or two.
People pay to be entertained.Not bored shitless.

Do they? I always thought people paid to go and watch their team play football. All this 'I demand to be entertained' stuff seems new. Did you pay to be entertained at Withdean? Because you must have felt pretty ripped off if you did.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
If Chelsea make the final, will anybody want the ball? Like RM's 31% last night, Chelsea had something like 20% possession against Liverpool.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do they? I always thought people paid to go and watch their team play football. All this 'I demand to be entertained' stuff seems new. Did you pay to be entertained at Withdean? Because you must have felt pretty ripped off if you did.

I thought that some of the football at Withdean was entertaining but it's a matter of opinion.

I know a lot of West Ham fans want to get rid of Allardyce even though he's got them promoted and kept them up.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I thought that some of the football at Withdean was entertaining but it's a matter of opinion.

I know a lot of West Ham fans want to get rid of Allardyce even though he's got them promoted and kept them up.

Some of it was, but my point is you didn't pay your money to be entertained, did you?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some of it was, but my point is you didn't pay your money to be entertained, did you?

I pay to watch a match, but it makes it better if it is entertaining. I can imagine that fans would drop away if we're grinding out 1-0 wins as happened under Bailey. I have been bored to tears at some games this season.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Are Barcelona or Bayern that entertaining? All this possession football with no end product gets boring after awhile. I think Liverpool and City have been a source of fresh air playing fast and in most cases quite direct football. Certainly not hoofball I may add. Possession with an almost instant end product. Thst entertains me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Interesting that the commentators were talking about how slow Bayern were on the break, it was like watching an upmarket Albion at times. Tippy tappy without breaking at pace from defence is flawed, especially when you are chasing the game.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Are Barcelona or Bayern that entertaining? All this possession football with no end product gets boring after awhile. I think Liverpool and City have been a source of fresh air playing fast and in most cases quite direct football. Certainly not hoofball I may add. Possession with an almost instant end product. Thst entertains me.

This

795 passes - brilliant, but 650 of those are little 1-2s in the centre circle.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The stats just about say it all, the game is about scoriing goals and that is it, there's no league position for posession. Its about the end product and unfortunately we have not been producing that much this season. Tippy tappy has been done to death and has now moved on.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
The stats just about say it all, the game is about scoriing goals and that is it, there's no league position for posession. Its about the end product and unfortunately we have not been producing that much this season. Tippy tappy has been done to death and has now moved on.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if half of the missed chances were put away this season we would certainly not be having this debate, because we would be champions and posters fawning over Oscar and his style of play.
What is Leo's conversion rate? 1 in 5
Barnes 1 in 9, Buckley 1 in 10 The chances have been created, a match fit Orlandi would have scored twice in 3 minutes last Friday, the same goes for Buckley against Blackpool when he ballooned in over the bar late on.
The idea of tippy tippy is to keep he ball, draw the defenders out of position and then get behind them.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
That was Real Madrid against Bayern tonight. Oscar take note..

Does go to show the tide has turned and pace is now more important than possession in the modern game. Speed merchants like Kaz and Buckley should always start.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Does go to show the tide has turned and pace is now more important than possession in the modern game. Speed merchants like Kaz and Buckley should always start.

Not sure it shows anything of a tide turning. Athletico may make the final and win La Liga playing possession football with an inferior squad to their competitors (in terms of value at least).

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Wow thats quite a leap of faith there, although the pace and power shown by a few of the best players in the world was impressive last night.

I do not get the premise of the OP, which seemed to suggest that possession is some kind of hindrance in the game, which is a red rag to a bull in terms of the British football supporter.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wow thats quite a leap of faith there, although the pace and power shown by a few of the best players in the world was impressive last night.

I do not get the premise of the OP, which seemed to suggest that possession is some kind of hindrance in the game, which is a red rag to a bull in terms of the British football supporter.

Agreed, and those who keep going on about 'Plan B' which upon further analysis turns out to be lumping it forwards 60 yards and shooting on sight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here