* The Championship - As it Stands *

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
*top 12

One game left.
One play-off place up for grabs.
Only two teams can (realistically) claim it.

Burnley - Nothing to play for.
Forest - Nothing to play for.

Reading & BHA...

Capture.jpg

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Reading: 1/3; BHA: 9/4

That's about right, I reckon. Hope we defy the odds, of course.

Feb 14, 2010
The players had their chances over the last 6 weeks and bottled it. Will Reading let them off the hook? Doubt it but it depends what Burnley side turn up. Are they already on the beach?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Those 2 points dropped at home against Blackpool looking increasingly like they will be the ones ensuring we miss out. Very much hope I'm wrong

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Those 2 points dropped at home against Blackpool looking increasingly like they will be the ones ensuring we miss out. Very much hope I'm wrong

We dropped points all over the place last couple of months

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I will talk about points dropped and what could and should have been if we are not 6th on Saturday about 2.15! Until then - come on lads get well ahea against Forest early on and send the worry to Reading, and come on Ash get a hat trick!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The players had their chances over the last 6 weeks and bottled it. Will Reading let them off the hook? Doubt it but it depends what Burnley side turn up. Are they already on the beach?

Bottled it blah blah blah. If I hear that one more time ..... Do you actually know what you're saying when you accuse athletes of that? It's bedwetting to Olympic levels. Sometimes, tactics, passes, tackles, shots, aren't quite successful enough and you really just have to deal with it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Rather than the Blackpool game, i would suggest you look at the Reading home game, 1-0 up and in control and then Gordon Greer gets sent off, and Reading rescue a point. Gordon stays on the pitch we get 3 points Reading no, and we are in control of the situation.

You can pick any point in the season, it is not just down to the Blackpool game, who straight after playing us went and won at Wigan.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
You can pick any point in the season, it is not just down to the Blackpool game, who straight after playing us went and won at Wigan.

I can see why people talk about the Blackpool game, though. Our destiny was in our own hands going into that match. We didn't do enough to win the game and now we're paying the price.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I don't think Burnley have switched off yet. Sean Dyce has set them a target and from what I hear they are up for it. http://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport...he-wants-to-cement-place-in-history-1-6582283. All to play for me's think.

It is impossible for Burnley not to relax. Except Ashley Barnes, of course. It think it is psychologically impossible for Burnley not to play 20% below top form. Reading win is so certain it is not worth thinking about what might have happened if we fail to beat Forest.

It could very well be even with ten minutes to go though and go right down to the wire.

Blackburn guaranteed to beat Wigan as well.

Forest are different. A good team that has playing poorly, bound to raise their game against the Albion. I think we will finish eighth.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I don't think Burnley have switched off yet. Sean Dyce has set them a target and from what I hear they are up for it. http://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport...he-wants-to-cement-place-in-history-1-6582283. All to play for me's think.

I'm sure that Mr Dyche will be as professional as ever, and insist his players stay on the gas till the final whistle.

Unfortunately Ashley has a taxi waiting outside with wife and kids chomping at the bit to get that soft, white sand between their toes, that golden sun on their backs, and a cocktail or 2 at the bar.

Cannot see Adkins & Co cocking this up, I hope I am proved wrong.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Bottled it blah blah blah. If I hear that one more time ..... Do you actually know what you're saying when you accuse athletes of that? It's bedwetting to Olympic levels. Sometimes, tactics, passes, tackles, shots, aren't quite successful enough and you really just have to deal with it.

I think in his mind, anything less than an 8-0 victory every week is underperforming. After all, we have the highest attendances in the division, don't you know?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
It is impossible for Burnley not to relax. Except Ashley Barnes, of course. It think it is psychologically impossible for Burnley not to play 20% below top form. Reading win is so certain it is not worth thinking about what might have happened if we fail to beat Forest.

It could very well be even with ten minutes to go though and go right down to the wire.

Blackburn guaranteed to beat Wigan as well.

Forest are different. A good team that has playing poorly, bound to raise their game against the Albion. I think we will finish eighth.

The problem is Wigan,Forest and Burnley all have nothing to play for, so you just think Wigan and Burnley are going to relax and somehow Forest although have nothing to play for will be up for it.

I would rather play a team up for it, then a team relaxed, they tend to play better football, when relaxed.

The truth is both Reading and us are going to be nervous and it's going to be the team who can overcome the nerves that will win. Burnley will have players wanting to show that they can play in the PL, so many are playing to impress. I can see Burnley getting the result, however I have the feeling the nerves will get the better of us.

We will finish 7th as Wigan need to keep the momentum going into the play offs

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

Calm down, they bottled it

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Just been looking at the previous fixtures for 5th October 2013, the date we lost to Nottingham Forest at home. All the fixtures on that day are the exact opposite of this Saturday's fixtures (apart from Wigan who played Blackburn on the Sunday).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24349274

At that point in the season Reading were SIX points ahead of us! They got beat by Burnley 2-1 and Wigan beat Blackburn 2-1 on the Sunday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here