Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Star Wars VII

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Lol what does Peter Mayhew do at a cast read through? Just make wookie noises?

RRAAAWR! :lolol:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'm concerned that it's just going to be crap. You know it will be. They should have just left alone after the first 3.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Max Von Sydow is in. Ming the merciless to be the new bad guy then

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
If Abrams does as good a job as he did with the Star Trek reboot then this should be great.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If you were introducing someone to Star Wars for the first time which order do you get then to watch them in?

The original order hey were made in, I.e. 4-6, followed by 1-3.

Or the chronological order 1-6?

I'm nervous of starting at 1, because frankly it's no where near as good as 4-6.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
If you were introducing someone to Star Wars for the first time which order do you get then to watch them in?

I'm nervous of starting at 1, because frankly it's no where near as good as 4-6.

4-6. The whole series pivots around the end of Empire Strikes Back revelation , and it wouldn't be quite so shocking if you already knew that which Luke himself doesn't because you'd seen the prequels.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I know a couple of the stunt trainers on this and a guy who's building some of the space craft. Stunt guys say it's going to be epic on that front at least and the fact that someone is actually BUILDING ships for it means much less CGI this time round. I reckon it could be a good new trilogy.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
As long as they get a good plot in there it has a chance of being decent. For me, Han Solo was such a huge character in the original trilogy and that was sorely missed, among other things, in the later trilogy. If they get him right on this it will lift it. I'd personally like to see him as a broken down wreck, lurking in grimy bars, similar to the main character in True Grit in need of redemption.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
4-6. The whole series pivots around the end of Empire Strikes Back revelation , and it wouldn't be quite so shocking if you already knew that which Luke himself doesn't because you'd seen the prequels.

That's definitely my thinking as well!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

I would agree with 4-6 too. They sort of set the scene - even though they come afterwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here