Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the Albion give loyalty points for season ticket holders attending?

Should season ticket holder attendance be rewarded with loyalty points?

• Yes, yes it should

Votes: 92 71.9%
  • No it shouldn't

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • Season ticket schmeason ticket

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's my belief that we have a higher than average number of stay aways than other teams in the division, and this is driven largely by us having so many season ticket holders - some people simply can't come all the time. If you buy tickets game by game however, you'll only buy a ticket if you're very sure you're going to attend.

However, in taking a look at the Birmingham site ahead of their game again Wigan tonight, I noticed this:

"Each Season Ticket Holder attending the match will receive 1000 loyalty points."

Should the Albion issue reward points each time a season ticket holder attends in order to put them ahead of those who attend less frequently when tickets are scarce?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
It's my belief that we have a higher than average number of stay aways than other teams in the division, and this is driven largely by us having so many season ticket holders - some people simply can't come all the time. If you buy tickets game by game however, you'll only buy a ticket if you're very sure you're going to attend.

However, in taking a look at the Birmingham site ahead of their game again Wigan tonight, I noticed this:

"Each Season Ticket Holder attending the match will receive 1000 loyalty points."

Should the Albion issue reward points each time a season ticket holder attends in order to put them ahead of those who attend less frequently when tickets are scarce?

I don't think a STH who flits to games occasionally will be bothered in the slightest that they are getting less points... and the ones who always turn up (me) will always turn up anyway.

Apart from that I agree!!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It might work although 1000 points would be excessive!

What if, instead of gaining points for going, you lost points for not going? No change if you've informed the club and put the seat up for sale for that game. Would close the gap between those that aren't STHs but try and go as often as they can and those that are STHs but don't attend that many games

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
you should only get the 1000 points if you attend 75% or more games.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They definitely should. We have a situation this week when there is every chance that someone who has only attended a handful or even no matches this season is going to the Forest game when others are missing out. They doesn't seem very fair to me. Yes they have given their money, but surely they should rank below someone who has actually attended every game.

That said, in general the loyalty scheme must be working much better than ever before because the number of threads bitching about not getting a ticket is much lower than for previous "BIG" games.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Yes - there is little differentiation possible only from cup games and away games, so adding an attendance factor and perhaps some points per PIE or per PINT would be a good idea!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It might work although 1000 points would be excessive!

What if, instead of gaining points for going, you lost points for not going? No change if you've informed the club and put the seat up for sale for that game. Would close the gap between those that aren't STHs but try and go as often as they can and those that are STHs but don't attend that many games

If this was an option I'd vote for it.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
If I miss one game because of illness, would I have to ring in sick to keep my points? Like at pre-school? :D

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I agree that loyalty points should be given for going, and not given if the game is missed and the club haven't been informed via the ticket exchange system. Maybe also microchip everyone and then those who leave early also lose a % of their loyalty points pro rata depending on when they leave :)

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I'd just get my mate to swipe my ticket in for me if i couldn't go.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree that loyalty points should be given for going, and not given if the game is missed and the club haven't been informed via the ticket exchange system. Maybe also microchip everyone and then those who leave early also lose a % of their loyalty points pro rata depending on when they leave :)

Lose 100 points for every 5 minutes before the final whistle.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Also I think away tickets should carry the same points as home tickets, it amazes me that somebody who went to the cheap Newport or Reading games gets double the points of a supporter who went to Burnley/Blackburn/Sheff Wed/Hull on a tuesday night (I didn't go to any of those away games)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes - but the amount of points should be relatively small. Everything possible should be done to encourage bums on seats.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I struggle with the term 'loyalty' points anyway as it really should not be a judgement on loyalty to the club.

I'd be happier with seagull points or seagull credits.

Other than that any scheme is pretty arbitrary anyway so que sera sera for me.

I suppose the points for a season ticket could be partly awarded for purchase, and partly awarded for attending, but as I said not really bothered.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
There can be many reasons for a STH not attending. Why should they be penalised?

I have unavoidably missed some games this season, although I would MUCH rather have been there!

Or do I have to submit a note of mitigation to the Season Ticket Police who will decide if my absence is acceptable or not?

I have been a STH for over 30 years and have rarely missed a game until this season. Am I now a lesser supporter because of my absences?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There can be many reasons for a STH not attending. Why should they be penalised?

I have unavoidably missed some games this season, although I would MUCH rather have been there!

Or do I have to submit a note of mitigation to the Season Ticket Police who will decide if my absence is acceptable or not?

I have been a STH for over 30 years and have rarely missed a game until this season. Am I now a lesser supporter because of my absences?

Undoubtedly yes.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yes, I agree. I'm always surprised at the number of empty seats - particularly in the north stand, which is supposed to be where the hardcore are! I live in London and often have work clashes with matches but have still only missed one league game this season. It's fair enough for people to buy a season ticket to guarantee themselves a seat but rarely go to games, but those who actually turn up should be rewarded in some way.

However, like the poster above, I think the number of points awarded should be relatively small. Much less than you get for an away ticket or home cup match.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Undoubtedly yes.

Some home games, I just can't be arsed to go to (last Friday for instance - I was cold, tired and hungry and would have arrived a bit late) but I've been to some stinking awful away games this season - Barnsley for instance AND I bought a ticket for Forest before we got good again. Am I a good or bad fan, Bozza?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here