Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Half the League One winning side are...

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
All if's and buts, but what I do know is we had a seriously strong team for the 3rd tier of English football. Add to those six Greer, Calderon, Kishishev & Lua Lua and it's not suprising we bossed that division whilst also putting two Championship sides to the sword in the FA cup.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
...now at sides currently in the Premiership.

Barnes
Murray
Bennett
Bridcutt
Noone
Wood.

How much stronger, if at all, would we be had they all stayed?
THink you will find Barnes and Wood are currently in Championship sides. Seasons not over yet, and still have games to complete in the championship. If either make their clubs squads next season, you will have a point. By your logic, Noone, Bennett and maybe Bridcutt are championship players? That leaves Glenn Murray. Great player, but not really half a side is he!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we'd had 2 of Murray, Barnes and Wood over the last few months we'd be sitting happily in the playoffs now.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
THink you will find Barnes and Wood are currently in Championship sides. Seasons not over yet, and still have games to complete in the championship. If either make their clubs squads next season, you will have a point. By your logic, Noone, Bennett and maybe Bridcutt are championship players? That leaves Glenn Murray. Great player, but not really half a side is he!!

Blimey - this place sometimes makes you wonder why you bother contributing at all!!!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Blimey - this place sometimes makes you wonder why you bother contributing at all!!!
I sometimes wonder that as well.

Make a point great, but its a bit loaded when you claim players are in the premiership when they are not, yet at the same time count players that are in the premiership when they are likely to be replaced by the others.

To answer your point, not very is my guess. Murray, Wood and Barnes would not fit in all the time we play Ulloa as a lone striker, Bennett would make us stronger, Noone struggled to get a game in front of what we had here, and Bridcutt didnt want to stay and has been replaced by Andrews and Ince, more than adequately, even though Andrews is fast becoming the new marmite man.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
If we'd had 2 of Murray, Barnes and Wood over the last few months we'd be sitting happily in the playoffs now.
THat's presuming Oscar would play two up front, and that's never going to happen all the time he's here. He'd much rather bore us all to death.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here