Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

35,000 Capacity at the Amex?

scouse23

Jan 30, 2008
Anyone else hear the comment from the commentator in the Yeovil game quoting the Amex can be expanded to 35,000? Where did he get that info from ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yep, and before the commentator mentioned this, it had been insisted by many that we were at our absolute maximum.

Didn't hear the commentary as was at the game however, perhaps you should be asking the commentator from where he got his information!!!!

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I watched it, and the presenter whoever he was, was a buffoon. Virgo should have corrected the twit.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Yep, and before the commentator mentioned this, it had been insisted by many that we were at our absolute maximum.

If you go on the information given by people like MP and PB, then the stadium is pretty much at its maximum, why they would say that if they knew something else I don't know. I know from a conversation I had with Derek Chapman after the Wolves game last season, he is looking to see where he can squeeze in any new seats, but he was talking minimal numbers, certianly not thousands.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If you go on the information given by people like MP and PB, then the stadium is pretty much at its maximum, why they would say that if they knew something else I don't know. I know from a conversation I had with Derek Chapman after the Wolves game last season, he is looking to see where he can squeeze in any new seats, but he was talking minimal numbers, certianly not thousands.

Maybe the club wanted to play down their intentions?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What happens at either end of the East Stand Upper?

seagulls-on-seats-at-brightons-amex-stadium.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Because we don't sell out! As for the North stand, would be good if all those that had tickets actually turned up!

Because at the moment we have an average I believe of circa 27,000. Hopefully in a few years we will need to up the capacity to 35,000.

Clearly we don't sell out, but I'm sure there are fans who are currently unhappy in other parts of the ground who prefer to watch the game higher up + want to get the noise levels up and be in part of the ground where that could happen. I have read plenty of posts of people in ESU who want to make a noise but are surrounded by those who don't - a NSU could give them the chance.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Which sort of moron plans to put a disabled section on the upper tier?

1) Less room for expensive seats
2) Gotta be a mission getting people up there, even if there is a lift
3) In an emergency (e.g. fire) how does one transport a number of wheelchairs down loads of steps if the lifts are out of action and the stairs are already crowded full of people running for their lives?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Which sort of moron plans to put a disabled section on the upper tier?

1) Less room for expensive seats
2) Gotta be a mission getting people up there, even if there is a lift
3) In an emergency (e.g. fire) how does one transport a number of wheelchairs down loads of steps if the lifts are out of action and the stairs are already crowded full of people running for their lives?

I'd question what sort of moron writes something like that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here