Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notts F reject Albions request for extra tickets

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Argus:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/11178821.Albion_request_for_extra_tickets_rejected/

Albion's request for more tickets for Saturday's potential play-off clincher has been rejected by Nottingham Forest.

The Seagulls have sold out their allocation for the clash at the City Ground.

They requested more tickets after Forest's own play-off hopes were ended by Saturday's 4-1 defeat at Bournemouth but have been turned down.

Sky Sports will select the two Championship matches for live coverage on the final day after Wigan's visit to Birmingham tonight.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Seems a little bit petulant - its not like they have anything to play for and Forrest know the magnitude of the game to Albion... I would hope that Albion would show some more class in the same situation to away fans.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can someone explain to me why they are turning down money? Confusing.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I guess it depends how many tickets they've sold to their own fans.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seems a little bit petulant - its not like they have anything to play for and Forrest know the magnitude of the game to Albion... I would hope that Albion would show some more class in the same situation to away fans.

I believe someone had already highlighted that Forest had started selling tickets to home fans in an area adjoining the away section. Because of this, although the game may not sell out for home fans, there is not a discreet section available to sell to Albion fans.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I believe someone had already highlighted that Forest had started selling tickets to home fans in an area adjoining the away section. Because of this, although the game may not sell out for home fans, there is not a discreet section available to sell to Albion fans.

Well that's a bit thick. They didn't think that one through, did they?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Because they are completely ****ed over FFP anyway, so another £30k aint going make much difference!

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Well that's a bit thick. They didn't think that one through, did they?

Yes, they did. They could still make the play offs when those tickets went on sale. Imagine the uproar if they'd turned around to their own fans and said "No, we're not releasing anymore tickets for home fans as we think Brighton have a better chance of making the top six than us so we'll wait and sell them to them"

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013

Although this would make stewarding an issue whenever I see City Ground on TV the gaps in the stands are so blatant - we could easily allow for an extra 1000 in the adjacent stands. It might take a bit of a rejiggle but its the last game of the season (possibly). Its just an odd scenario that could have been dealt with a lot better.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
To be fair to Forest right up to Saturday the game could have been hugely important to their fans and therefore understandably they were selling all areas to their own fans. I would like to think we would do the same.

Having done that, it's impossible for them to reverse that decision and give us a section.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes, they did. They could still make the play offs when those tickets went on sale. Imagine the uproar if they'd turned around to their own fans and said "No, we're not releasing anymore tickets for home fans as we think Brighton have a better chance of making the top six than us so we'll wait and sell them to them"

Why not sell tickets in......*drum roll* OTHER parts of the stadium first?! It's usually more than half empty.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Why not sell tickets in......*drum roll* OTHER parts of the stadium?!

They took the decision at the start of the season to restrict ALL away fans to just 2000. This allowed them to sell season tickets in all areas. It would be very hard for them to accommodate additional seats for us without upsetting some of their own fans.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
To be fair to Forest right up to Saturday the game could have been hugely important to their fans and therefore understandably they were selling all areas to their own fans. I would like to think we would do the same.

Having done that, it's impossible for them to reverse that decision and give us a section.

There must have been an element of hope in the powers that be to make the request, unless of course it was just a case of the club going through the motions to show us that they did ask!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They took the decision at the start of the season to restrict ALL away fans to just 2000. This allowed them to sell season tickets in all areas. It would be very hard for them to accommodate additional seats for us without upsetting some of their own fans.

Considering how few tickets they sell, that's a really daft move. Still, they've made a hell of a lot of daft financial decisions recently, so we shouldn't be that surprised.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Probably find that the fans that did buy tickets on the expectation of this being a play-off decider will now not turn up

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Considering how few tickets they sell, that's a really daft move. Still, they've made a hell of a lot of daft financial decisions recently, so we shouldn't be that surprised.

How few tickets they sell? The 4th/5th highest average in the division you mean.

There is no way of knowing how many will be there. Every other area could be virtually sold out given that it was only this weekend that their play off hopes were confirmed as being over

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Presumably that bit about Sky selecting the games after the Wigan game tonight will mean if it looks like a crunch match then we'll be on the box?

If Wigan win, then us and Reading will be on the box. If Wigan don't win then it will Wigan and Reading I suspect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here