Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton a Professional run Club

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I love my Club I believe the Club has never before been run so well.

But what do you miss from the past.

Getting ten cup final tickets as I was a lottery agent. Thanks Mr Ron Pavey
Loved the Seagull special trains.:)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Having Skint as sponsors

(not Brighton's fault) Deciding to go to an away match the day before and paying the same (reasonable) price on the train as you would have done eight weeks earlier and being able to travel on any timed train - edit: this is a "what do you miss about football in the past" answer

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nothing at all.

Well maybe if we ever get to another playoff final, when season ticket holders at Withdean could get more than one ticket ( and sit next to a non-ST holder). Doubt that would happen now.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I genuinely miss Withdean. It was where I started supporting the Albion (not sure many fans will say that) with my Dad working away I had always followed the Albion but was too you g to travel to games on my own. In 2002 I finally got to a match at Withdean and turned to the Cardiff supporting mate as we walked it and with a massive smile said 'I'm home'. He thought it was a dump but to me it was the home of the club I loved and I was finally there. I ended up with a season ticket in the South Stand and miss getting soaked in the winter and the walk back to Preston Park. Don't get me wrong, I love the AMEX, but couldn't we just have one first team home game a season at Withdean?

I love my Club I believe the Club has never before been run so well.

But what do you miss from the past.

Getting ten cup final tickets as I was a lottery agent. Thanks Mr Ron Pavey
Loved the Seagull special trains.:)

Never lost as much money as it has theses past three years,its a business and needs to break even,some major cock ups when doing the maths unless you believe tb was planning this amount of loss????

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I miss the away games at the end of the 08/09 season under Russel Slade. The support shown was really something to be proud of. It felt like we were making the difference to the team.

Now we're "expected" to win it's a different kind of feeling. A great one. But different.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I genuinely miss Withdean. It was where I started supporting the Albion (not sure many fans will say that) with my Dad working away I had always followed the Albion but was too you g to travel to games on my own. In 2002 I finally got to a match at Withdean and turned to the Cardiff supporting mate as we walked it and with a massive smile said 'I'm home'. He thought it was a dump but to me it was the home of the club I loved and I was finally there. I ended up with a season ticket in the South Stand and miss getting soaked in the winter and the walk back to Preston Park. Don't get me wrong, I love the AMEX, but couldn't we just have one first team home game a season at Withdean?

You miss getting soaked in the winter?!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I miss terraces, non PC chants (not racist stuff), and I do miss the aggro a bit.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Maybe it's the mists of time warping my memory, but away games always used to be a lot more fun. Much better atmosphere, lots more variety and witty songs and less teenagers acting all Danny Dyer.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Bobby Smith,Alex Dawson,going up for headers and putting the ball and the goalie into the net,when players who got bought down,just stood up and got stuck in again,none of this rolling about play acting stuff...if you're hurt,you don't roll around. Toughen up you fairies...

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Maybe it's the mists of time warping my memory, but away games always used to be a lot more fun. Much better atmosphere, lots more variety and witty songs and less teenagers acting all Danny Dyer.

I was thinking the same actually. I don't know if it is the rose-tinted specs, but I remember being at Notts County when we were Champions and thinking that I'd never seen so many arse holes in the Brighton end at an away game in all my life. They never seemed to stop going after that game!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Standing in the North Stand with the big boys singing all the songs but secretly hoping nobody would ever "take the North Stand"

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

Ignoring the getting soaked bit (which I look back at fondly now, hated at the time) I've got very similar feelings to you.

Withdean was the first place I saw the Albion play so I'll always have a lot of affection towards it, regardless of how nice the AMEX is.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here