Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Late Kick Off. Mark Bright yet again....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Best just turn the sound down when he is on.

It will improve the analysis.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Shame we have to put up with the London version.

Oh well, can always watch the other one on iPlayer later

[tweet]460900300594118656[/tweet]

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
mark bright =knob

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Could somebody confirm that I did really just watch that?

On S East (Let's just call it London) The only team in the region still with a chance of joining the Championship play-offs and it took them 25 minutes of a half hour programme to mention us. (Other than Bright's weekly reference to Palace's play off win). At which point they just showed our two goals and didn't mention our chances at all in discussion with the pundits. Bright has mentioned Palace, a team not in the football league, more times than any other team this series. We know you love them Mark, but you are being paid to talk about something else.

Meanwhile on the South/Reading programme they finally have a pundit with Brighton links on and they ask him about our chances whilst showing the same footage that London showed, just the two goals. They made time to show four failed chances from Yeovil against us. Of course they have to cram a lot in, but, as with previous weeks, they made time to show what a cheat Steve Fletcher was and again devoted some time to talking about how great (non football league team) Southampton are. Obviously we are all disappointed that the feature about eating curry couldn't be spun out to yet another week.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The version that we get here, (presented by Tony Husband), is no less than shameful, and in my opinion iis a total embarassment to the BBC. They have had a plethora of pundits on the programme with links to Reading, Bournemouth, Pompey, the Bristol clubs, and virtually everyone BUT the Albion, Finally last night Virgs appeared, but even then they made a mess of iit,

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Happy to slip in under the radar as the media focus on their little pet clubs. Still doubt we'll do it unfortunately though

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Happy to slip in under the radar as the media focus on their little pet clubs.

What? You think nobody will notice our league position, as long as we're not on TV?

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
These shows don't need pundits - in my opinion they contribute nothing. All of their input is retrospective ['if he'd come across there, the other team wouldn't have got the shot in'] or even worse they just do a repeat of the commentary we've just heard.

Let's just have a presenter set the scene and get on with it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Mark Bright is so biased it makes the show unwatchable. Some people (Gary Neville for instance) manage to leave their obvious personal loyalties off camera. Shitheads like the fat faced, pie scoffing piece of crap that is Bright think it is clever to use every opportunity to show that their bias over-rides the requirement of neutrality from a 'pundit'.

Time the BBC got rid of the Palace loving Wayne Kerr.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought Mark Dim had been booted off the TV coverage last year. Guess he's wormed his way back in ???

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Virgo was good again, is certainly a rising star. Other than getting confused over which leg is played at home first.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The version that we get here, (presented by Tony Husband), is no less than shameful, and in my opinion iis a total embarassment to the BBC. They have had a plethora of pundits on the programme with links to Reading, Bournemouth, Pompey, the Bristol clubs, and virtually everyone BUT the Albion, Finally last night Virgs appeared, but even then they made a mess of iit,

I live in BN1 and every week it's been the Tony Husband 'version' whereas this week it was the Clem/Bright one. Confucius reigns.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I thought Mark Dim had been booted off the TV coverage last year. Guess he's wormed his way back in ???

Time for a campaign to get rid of the Wayne Kerr for good...

He adds nothing to whatever show he infests. It would be better if he was confined to working for the club he so clearly loves.

Definitely time for the BBC to dump the twunt.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
What? You think nobody will notice our league position, as long as we're not on TV?

Ssshhhhhhhhh you'll ruin it all.

Actually no, what I meant was that I have no desire for my team to be mentioned by pundits or brown nosed in the press as the rightful recipients of a playoff place. I would much prefer to quietly get on with business, I.e. The opposite of our last foray into the play offs when it was expected that we would get to a Wembley final at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here