Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will win the World Cup?

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
I'm taking my mind off the playoffs for a few days, and focusing on Brazil.

Who will win. I fancy Argentina or Belgium, but maybe England can do it playing 4-4-fu##ing-2.

thoughts?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
ENGLAND !!!!!! Have faith like me, although its the blind, possibly interpreted as also the jingoistic type ha ha ha

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Germany are due one. But I'd LOVE a Brazil Argentina final, that would be ideal.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
England. Well I can hope anyway. But I think Brazil will win it, going on what I saw of the Confederations cup. They were brilliant in it.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Belgium have an exciting young squad but I think it may be four years too early for them, not to mention the fact they will likely draw Germany or Portugal in the second round. They've got a nice group stage draw though and could well gain some early momentum.

I hate to be boring and all but I can't see beyond Brazil winning it in their own backyard.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think Brighton 'coz I always think Brighton will win because I support Brighton and if you don't think Brighton will win the World Cup then you are not a Brighton Super-Fan like I am.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
It should be Argentina:
Messi
DiMaria
Higuain
Tevez
Lavezzi
Many more...

But it won't be. Home victory I think. It'll be Neymar's World Cup.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Brazil will be very hard to beat.

Ivory Coast look a great bet at 4/1 to win Group C with Colombia (Falcao probably injured), Japan and Greece. Yaya Toure will obviously be their key player.

Dec 29, 2011
Brazil will be very hard to beat.

Ivory Coast look a great bet at 4/1 to win Group C with Colombia (Falcao probably injured), Japan and Greece. Yaya Toure will obviously be their key player.

Nice tip, what site? I may be getting some of that. Both Toure brothers, Tiote, Kalou, Drogba, Bony, Doumbia, Gradel, Tiene etc

Oct 25, 2003
I don't think Belgium have anything more than a quarter finals side. They have 2 really top players in Kompany and Hazard, after that I'm looking at guys like Courtois and Lukaku- exciting youngsters and reliable if unspectacular players like Dembele and De Bruyne, plus not a single one of their players have tournament experience

decent enough but nowhere near the unstoppable force they're made out to be

argentina will win it if they can score enough goals to compensate for the fact that they will concede several against the top sides....can't see anyone stopping them from scoring though

germany have the strongest squad but the humidity may play a factor. Remember the only time a european side has won it outside of europe was in south africas winter time so the heat wasn't a factor

brazil will be cheered on by a passionate home crowd...coming alongside that is a huge weight of expectation. I don't think their team is as good as germany's, spains or possibly argentinas but the home advantage could be vital

everyone is writing off spain for no particular reason...they're still extremely strong and should at least make the semi's

england will be quarter finals and will play well in getting that far. It'll be a young squad going out and this tournament will provide useful experience

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Nice tip, what site? I may be getting some of that. Both Toure brothers, Tiote, Kalou, Drogba, Bony, Doumbia, Gradel, Tiene etc

Coupons from the four major bookmakers. Those odds might change if Falcao misses the tournament. Ivory Coast do have some superb footballers though.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
For a good outside bet, France @ 25/1 each-way.

They're in a soft group of Switzerland, Ecuador and Honduras and if they can avoid Argentina in the second round then only Germany and possibly Belgium stand in their way of the final.

Hugo Lloris, Patrice Evra, Laurent Koscielny, Yohan Cabaye, Blaise Matuidi, Paul Pogba, Samir Nasri, Franck Ribery and Karim Benzema can all turn a match.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
I don't think Brazil are all that, they'll have a lot of pressure on them and most of their players will be feeling the effects of a long season come June.

If Argentina can keep goals conceded to a minimum, I would make them favourites as their defence is shaky but going forward they have an array of options.

I'll be there to support England against Italy and Uruguay, canny bloody wait as it's the one time where everyone in England joins together and club football is immaterial.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Not a single mention for Spain yet? Although I think two times Euro champs and two times WC winners is a step too far.

AS mentioned, I would like to see a Brazil Argentina final. That would be something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here