Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Greatest Guitar Solo. Rock, Pop, Classical or otherwise.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
oor Obvious reasons people always ask for the best intro but the best outro must be Cinnamon Girl (live) by good old Neil

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I said this the last time there was a similar thread so I'll say it again, Tony Peluso's solo on "Goodbye to Love".

I said this the last time there was a similar thread so I'll say it again, Tony Peluso's solo on "Goodbye to Love".

In a similar vein Alan Parker's solo on the Walker Brother's "No Regrets" - I love the way he and the strings play in harmony with each other (or they spliced it together afterwards to make it sound as they did). It doesn't always have to rock.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The soloing on the recent "High Hopes" version of Sprinsteen's Ghost of Tom Joad is pretty out there. I have also always liked Graham Coxon's solo on This Is A Low. The latter proves you don't always have to be technically great; imagination can work.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Dire Straits sultans of swing i love the guitar solo at the end never tire of hearing it and Hendrix hey joe

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
In a similar vein Alan Parker's solo on the Walker Brother's "No Regrets" - I love the way he and the strings play in harmony with each other (or they spliced it together afterwards to make it sound as they did). It doesn't always have to rock.
Spot on Norman...but there again I am a Walker Bros fan.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Dream Theater's The spirit carries on. John Petrucci delivers a masterclass solo which alternates between a slow, emotional sound to precise but beautiful shredding which belies his critics accusation that he cannot play stylishly and emotionally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here