Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you want to win the Conference play-offs?

Who do you want to win the Conference play-offs?

• Cambridge United

Votes: 29 36.7%
  • Gateshead

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Grimsby

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Halifax

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Noddy league for noddy clubs, "We'll never play you again."

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
It's a simple enough question: who do you want to see as a Football League club next season?

Cambridge United for me - I have fond memories of the Abbey Stadium, particularly the point earned towards the end of the 96-97 season. Cambridge is a beautiful place and it's relatively close compared to the other three.

So, do you agree?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Cambridge Utd for me too. Not only is it geographically closer, it is also a reasonable place to visit.

Funnily enough I was in a cycling event that passed the Abbey Stadium yesterday and reminded me of seeing the Albion play there, I think it was in '78-'79. Both sides were in the old Div 2 (now Championship) and although it was our famous promotion season to Div 1, and we like to think of ourselves being invincible, Cambridge were a bogey side for us, comfortably beating us at The Goldstone and I think it was a 0-0 in the return at the Abbey.

I used to keep an eye on their scores in the John Beck years because the played some feisty stuff.

Wouldn't mind a Cup draw against them sometime, assuming they get through the play-offs.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm too lazy to look. Who are the other options?

I'm fairly sure Grimsby are one. The other two?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
FC Halifax Town.

Very impressive team with Lee Gregory attracting attention from League One clubs after netting over 30 goals this season. A great all-round side with a fantastic ground that has loads of terracing.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Probably because I've been to their ground but I always want an ex league side to come back, anyone will do. Gateshead were just before my football watching time when they were in the league. I really should want some new blood, but I don't!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oooh, I'll go for the Heed then.

Good name.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Cambridge for me too, mainly for Graham Pearce's last minute winner there in (I think) 1984/5 when we won 4-3.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cambridge United. Two of the four play off teams are part-timers , AFC Halifax and Gateshead should receive extra credit by getting into the top 5.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Gateshead probably. They love their football in the NE.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Cambridge , for the stupidly lazy reason that I've lost Torquay and close to losing Northampton from my "league grounds done" list that I want to add 2 that I've been to!!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I detest Camb Utd

Oct 25, 2003
I remember watching Gateshead fairly regularly a few years ago when I lived in Newcastle. They were in the Northern Premier when I started, and the Conference when I moved back South. It was a fiver to get in, Boddingtons cost a quid and there was a couple of hundred people rattling around a 12,000 seat stadium...ever since then I've had a soft spot for them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here