Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The MESS in Scotland

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyone noticed how there is now a very real chance that 3 of Scotland's 5 biggest clubs could be outside the top division next season? Rangers and Hearts are already outside the SPL, but Hibs look like they could well join them - a point outside the relegation play off place and in absolute freefall. It could certainly be the case that the gates in their Championship could actually be higher than SPL gates next season.

I wonder whether Celtic will win the league again? I for one can't wait.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
monkey1.gif

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If I was Neil Lennon I'd look to get out now while his stock is still high. Ditto Fraser Forster.

If I was Celtic Chairman I'd be asking why pay the big wages when cheaper players could still get the job done?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Kris Commons is player of the season up there.

All you need to know.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I was discussing this with people on here a few weeks back.

IMO Celtic are a top 8 championship team the rest of that league are about the standard of league 1.

Put Celtic in the Prem they would struggle even with the additonal money to break into the top 4, unless some big money men came in and took them over and used them as a global brand which they could quite easily do.

either way SPL is a joke league.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Gary Hooper was scoring 2 in 3 for Celtic, now it's 1 in 5 for Norwich.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
If I was Celtic Chairman I'd be asking why pay the big wages when cheaper players could still get the job done?[/QUOTE]

That's what the Rangers board should be doing , but because they think they have the divine right to be in the SPL they go and overspend and basically dont give two hoots about living within their means. Basically take the PI$$ out of their fan base and the Scottish FA .

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
If I was Celtic Chairman I'd be asking why pay the big wages when cheaper players could still get the job done?

That's what the Rangers board should be doing , but because they think they have the divine right to be in the SPL they go and overspend and basically dont give two hoots about living within their means. Basically take the PI$$ out of their fan base and the Scottish FA .[/QUOTE]

Yep and apparently about to go back into adminisration again purely because they have spunked money on ridiculous wages for the divisions they have been in for the last two years. Hope they go out of business personally, no sympathy for clubs that are continually badly run with multiple administrations.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Top division attendances of 374 coming soon to Scotland........not including dog walkers passing by.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Rangers should have signed up the best youngsters in Scotland, who would have got great experience whilst going up the league.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
When I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be about Scottish independence.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here