Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Birmingham v Wigan - hypothetical question

Would you take a Birmingham v Wigan draw if offered it now?

• Yes. We will need to win our final game however this turns out

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • No. A draw at Forest might prove enough if Wigan or Reading then lose on the last day

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Obviously absolutely crucial to us.

A win for Birmingham would be an absolutely fantastic result for Albion for two reasons - firstly, a draw at Forest would prove enough if Wigan failed to beat Blackburn. Secondly, Blackburn would have every incentive to win against Wigan - no "on the beach" there.

A draw though, still means that we have two chances of finishing in the top 6 - if either Wigan or Reading fail to win, we could sneak in by winning ourselves.

Now none of this is news to anyone here of course, so I'll try to gauge the mood amongst our fans, with a question: Would you take a Birmingham v Wigan draw if offered it now?

I have to say that I WOULD because I don't see Wigan AND Reading winning their final games but crucially I don't see them losing them either.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Yes I would, however I can't see Wigan failing to win tomorrow night.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes I would, however I can't see Wigan failing to win tomorrow night.

Once Blackpool finally dropped into bottom 3 after 2 wins in 27, they had away trips at Brighton and Wigan coming up. How did that pan out for them?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I would take the draw. Although if they lose then Blackburn are potentially back in it should we get stuffed at Forest. The twists and turns of this season are what make this such a great sport to watch. My head is spinning with all the various scenarios which could play out.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I could actually see Wigan losing tomorrow, but I can, equally, see both of them doing the business on Sat and leaving us with a futile game because it is out of our hands.

That said, saturday will be a huge day and glad to be going.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Birmingham have won 2 (two) home league games all season, and I don't think they've won one since the clocks went back in Autumn.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
The games Birmingham have won at home were against Sheffield Wednesday :lol: (4-1) and Millwall (4-0). They have drawn 8 games at home this season.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
I would bite your hand off for a draw. Going into Saturday with another team to be able to catch would dramatically increase our chances. Obviously a Birmingham win would be fantastic, but I can't see it happening.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
How ever it pans out, I feel instinctively that we HAVE to win so I would very gladly grab a draw between Wigan and Brum right now.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
You would hope the drop into the bottom three would just be enough to give Birmingham a kick up the backside, just as it seemed to for Blackpool

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I would take the draw. Although if they lose then Blackburn are potentially back in it should we get stuffed at Forest. The twists and turns of this season are what make this such a great sport to watch. My head is spinning with all the various scenarios which could play out.

If we get stuffed by Forest, it doesn't matter what happens, we can't make it.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
It's tricky because if wigan draw at Brum.......then Bburn have nothing to play for against them......save local pride and denting their play offs......hmmm, yes i'd take a draw now.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Bit of a strange thing to have a poll about...

Obviously a Wigan defeat is better than a Wigan draw - though as you say a draw still keeps us in with a shout.

No-one is giving Birmingham a chance, they haven't won at home for ages and are having a terrible run. BUT they really do need a win. Personally, I think they'll do it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is a no-brainer - you take the point.

Interestingly, Birmingham have won 2 home matches all season and in both of those Jesse Lingard played and scored, bagging 5 goals in those games.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here