Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
1- no it's a great day and achieves everything associated with English pride
2- yes enough is enough and nothing is achieved

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The answers are ridiculously loaded :facepalm: Abstained!!!

What are the actual rules for things like this? It's not a question of whether any of us think it should be banned, it's about being fair and equal to everyone who is operating within the law.

e.g If I start a facebook group called "March for Elephants" and say we're going to meet at brighton station next month, walk down the road and sing a few songs then go to the pub and go home, would the authorities also be able to stop that?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The answers are ridiculously loaded :facepalm: Abstained!!!

What are the actual rules for things like this? It's not a question of whether any of us think it should be banned, it's about being fair and equal to everyone who is operating within the law.

e.g If I start a facebook group called "March for Elephants" and say we're going to meet at brighton station next month, walk down the road and sing a few songs then go to the pub and go home, would the authorities also be able to stop that?

If they are threatening violence in the city...I dont see why not.
Elephants can be ****ers when angry...

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
No not really. Another thread is open for further opinion. This is just a straight forward yes or no based on that.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This is just a straight forward yes or no based on that.

Based on something that isn't reality!

Nobody actually wants it to happen except from a hundred knuckle draggers on one side and the morons in black masks who turn up to fight them.

If it was possible to stop or ban them do you not think the police would've actually done it, bearing in mind all the trouble at last year's event?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Based on something that isn't reality!

Nobody actually wants it to happen except from a hundred knuckle draggers on one side and the morons in black masks who turn up to fight them.

If it was possible to stop or ban them do you not think the police would've actually done it, bearing in mind all the trouble at last year's event?

I'm simply asking for an opinion not whether it will actually happen!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm simply asking for an opinion not whether it will actually happen!

No you're not. You're asking 'should' it be banned and asking it based on a very loaded choice of options that betray your own opinion on the matter. My opinion is that I don't agree with the aims of MFE, I don't want the march taking place in Brighton but they've got every right to march because we live in a democracy where opposing views should be tolerated....but you don't have an option for that.

Funny that.

Edit - and having the poll as open so people can see who voted for what is disingenuous too - but you knew that already which is why you added the loaded options in your post. Poor form all round.

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
But after playing dumb on the original thread - rather transparently I might add - you've clearly nailed your colours to the mast with the options in this poll.

The only viable option is the one you want everyone to choose in order to support your own argument. Nobody in their right mind is going to pick the option in support of the march, but it doesn't mean I want it banned if there is no legal precedent to do so. It's purely about tolerating the views of others, even if you don't like them.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Is it time to ban the mfe? Not, will it be banned, can it be banned? Just a consensus!

I cannot list every single reason for it to be maintained or banned therefore a simple yes no is the only way.

Based on your opinion the answer should be no!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
But after playing dumb on the original thread - rather transparently I might add - you've clearly nailed your colours to the mast with the options in this poll.

The only viable option is the one you want everyone to choose in order to support your own argument. Nobody in their right mind is going to pick the option in support of the march, but it doesn't mean I want it banned if there is no legal precedent to do so. It's purely about tolerating the views of others, even if you don't like them.

Ridiculous. I happen to think that a number of valid reason to pick no exist. I simply haven't made an endless list of them.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Didn't they once make furniture?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think it should be banned, or at the very least re-routed to minimise the inconvenience to the city. In my view this is not a legitimate protest, but a provocative event designed to cause conflict and disruption.

I do not think the event can continue in its current form.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Of course the question is loaded. After all, you did not pose the poll options such as:
Should the MFE have the right to protest - Yes/No?
or
Should the MFE have the right to exist - Yes/No?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Why don't they just move the march back a week and they can join in with a march that normal English people take pride in ?

Childrens-Parade-Brighton-2011-5.jpg

Childrens-Parade-Brighton-2011-1.jpg

Childrens-Parade-Brighton-2011-8.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Is it time to ban the mfe? Not, will it be banned, can it be banned? Just a consensus!

I cannot list every single reason for it to be maintained or banned therefore a simple yes no is the only way.

Based on your opinion the answer should be no!

It's not a consensus though is it? It's basically Hobson's Choice because there's no rational person who thinks it's a 'great day for everything associated with English pride'. It's a load of old tosh to argue that you can't list every option - that's not what my point is about - it's the statements you have assigned to the options.

Please - as others have said, stop playing dumb here because you're not very good at it.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Of course, if any laws are broken (public order offences etc.) then the police can/should use these powers, irrespective of the group.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
It's not a consensus though is it? It's basically Hobson's Choice because there's no rational person who thinks it's a 'great day for everything associated with English pride'. It's a load of old tosh to argue that you can't list every option - that's not what my point is about - it's the statements you have assigned to the options.

Please - as others have said, stop playing dumb here because you're not very good at it.

I see your point but please just try to take the question for what it says. This will save yourself and myself a lot of time and energy. Thanks.

But please do note that some people do think it's a good day and that it does achieve a lot.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Anyone else remember the way the police put a stop to the mod and rockers Bank Holiday dust ups around 30 years ago ? How about making both sides sleep out on Dukes Mound, with their footwear confiscated, before putting them all back on a train to London, regardless of where they live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here