Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luke Steele Barnsley Keeper

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Y Barnsley supporting mates thinks he's far to good for league 1 and without him they'd have been relegated ages ago...

6'2", 29yrs old, ex Man Utd & England U18, 19 & 20.

Not sure what he'd cost or wages but can't imagine that much.

Worth a punt if PIG goes?

Southwest Seagull

Jul 3, 2013
Y Barnsley supporting mates thinks he's far to good for league 1 and without him they'd have been relegated ages ago...

6'2", 29yrs old, ex Man Utd & England U18, 19 & 20.

Not sure what he'd cost or wages but can't imagine that much.

Worth a punt if PIG goes?

Potentially yes. I remember he used to be pretty good, and touted as a future England number one (then again I think every semi decent young British keeper has at some time).

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
He got sent to United from Peterborough on loan. So must have shown some potential at some point. But then again, do you want a keeper from a team thats just been relegated from your league?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Would rather Stech. Probably just as good but 9 years younger so has time to improve. Steele is probably as good as he's going to get

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Luke Steele is exactly who I would want if PIG goes, Good Championship keeper, will be on less wages than PIG and the right side of 30 too.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
If we are looking for a new keeper next season then the Sydney FC keeper for me http://youtu.be/1W0LA7K0pEQ
He's commanding in his box has great distribution from his throw outs and is in my opinion too good for the A League and on top of this wouldn't cost a great deal.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Didnt think much of him against us and rumours say that Millwall are interested, if that is correct I would go for Forde IMO much better.

Definitely got room to improve but at the age of 20/21 he has plenty of time to do so. He'd be well within our budget and put our back 4 in front of him and I'm sure he'd be a good investment.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
If we are looking for a new keeper next season then the Sydney FC keeper for me http://youtu.be/1W0LA7K0pEQ
He's commanding in his box has great distribution from his throw outs and is in my opinion too good for the A League and on top of this wouldn't cost a great deal.

I must be bored, I'm looking at youtube compilations of Australian league goalkeepers. Still, he could be free (2 year deal in 2012)

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I'm sure that Burke has a number of keepers up his sleeve if PIG decides he wants to go. Steele could be one of them. I don't know what his wages are but I don't think it'll be that steep playing for Barnsley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here