Andy Reid (Forest)
Will Hughes (Derby)
Danny Drinkwater (Leicester)
Craig Bryson (Derby)

Ross McCormack (Leeds)
Danny Ings (Burnley)

Southwest Seagull

Jul 3, 2013
The TEAM of the YEAR plays 4-4-2, why can't you OSCAR? I bet it has a British manager.

Barber OUT.

No real surprises in that team though I suppose.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Even Derby fans are surprised Hughes has made it, they don't seem to think he's had a vintage season.

This is voted for by footballers though, and they tend to stick with names they recognise, which is why players from the bigger clubs frequently make it even when their teams haven't excelled during the season.

Orient haven't got a single player in the League One team. They're all spitting feathers. But then they do strike me as a team without real stars. Whereas Wolves' starting XI is filled with bigger names on Championship wages.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Even Derby fans are surprised Hughes has made it, they don't seem to think he's had a vintage season.

This is voted for by footballers though, and they tend to stick with names they recognise, which is why players from the bigger clubs frequently make it even when their teams haven't excelled during the season.

Orient haven't got a single player in the League One team. They're all spitting feathers. But then they do strike me as a team without real stars. Whereas Wolves' starting XI is filled with bigger names on Championship wages.

QPR haven't got anyone mentioned, and they are the 'big team' in this league.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It would be interesting (to some) to know which keeper has made the most saves and has the best save/goal ratio. I'm certain Kasper is not at the top of the table.

Granted, there are other factors to consider.

It is amusing to see people getting so upset by these things. Can they name the previous winners?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Second best defensive record in the league and the most clean sheets - 0 entries.

:yawn:

All you need to know is that statistic, see zero BHA in the back 5 and stop taking it seriously.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
You don't think the style of play has as much to do with that as quality of players? Doesn't it kind of make sense that the teams with 20 more points than Brighton dominate proceedings with a smattering of 'others'? Don't be so needy....

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Pretty much all of that lot would get in our team, so fair enough.

Let's just hope Burnley get something at Reading, and we win our next 4 matches taking us up.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Second best defensive record in the league and the most clean sheets - 0 entries.

:yawn:

All you need to know is that statistic, see zero BHA in the back 5 and stop taking it seriously.

Oh my goodness, what a terrible slight against our club and town!

Nah. Grow up a little bit, I can imagine you'd be saying the same had we narrowly avoided relegation.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
If we had narrowly avoided relegation I doubt if we would have the second best defensive record in the league.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Oh my goodness, what a terrible slight against our club and town!

Nah. Grow up a little bit, I can imagine you'd be saying the same had we narrowly avoided relegation.

I think you've taken what I've said and ran with it a bit there chap. The fact that a team with the second best defence in the league with the most clean sheets NOT having a single player in the back 5, when one of Koosh/Upson/maybe Ward could have made it without much groaning shows that the team isn't to be taken seriously. It is a PLAYERS team of the year after all. My post was to portray a lack of care about it when it's clearly not the be all and end all.

So to address the sarcasm, of course it's not a slight, it's players opinions and sometimes opinions can be skewed, which these are. Nothing to do with our town, so not sure what you're harping on about there.

Also, not many times (if at all) have I seen a team in a relegation dog fight with the most clean sheets and 2nd best defensive record.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here