Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP Surge Ahead!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
UKIP will win the most seats at the European elections. But I don't think that, outside the political arena, anyone cares that much. They won't take a single seat at the general election.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Don't worry - even the slums of Bucharest are not so dreadful that anyone living there would want to move to Milton Keynes.

Reckon you're safe from the 500 million (or whatever figure old Nige has come up with this week) Romanians in the queue for England.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There is no accounting for the stupidity of some people.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
They are doing exceptionally well. bearing in mind their policies.

1. Get out of the EU.

Could a UKIP supporter fill in the blanks because I honestly don't know what they are? :shrug:

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Why is that?

Electoral system is stacked against them. They are likely to pick up a lot of third places, which means that they may have a chance to win a small handful of seats in 2020. If you look at how the Greens won Brighton Pavilion you'll see how the vote building block strategy can work. Remember, at the general election people generally revert to the main parties, the Euros are always different.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They are doing exceptionally well. bearing in mind their policies.

1. Get out of the EU.

Could a UKIP supporter fill in the blanks because I honestly don't know what they are? :shrug:

Not a UKIP supporter but they do have other policies such as abolishing the bedroom tax , mending potholes instead of vanity road schemes such as cycle lanes , stripping out unnecessary layers of management and executives in the NHS , introduce more grammar schools , reintroduce weekly bin collections , end preferential treatment to travellers and then treat them on an equal basis , reduce council tax to the lowest possible level , higher rate of income tax deducted on earnings of £45k+. Oh , nearly forgot , restricting immigration by only allowing in those who will be an asset to the UK.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Electoral system is stacked against them. They are likely to pick up a lot of third places, which means that they may have a chance to win a small handful of seats in 2020. If you look at how the Greens won Brighton Pavilion you'll see how the vote building block strategy can work. Remember, at the general election people generally revert to the main parties, the Euros are always different.

Exactly this, whilst it will probably be one of the biggest in British political history it will merely be a protest vote, the classic bloody nose to the big three.

Come the 2015 General Election it will be about either national policies or how good your local candidate is, which is one of the reasons why the Lib Des won't get totally wiped out as they have a large number of good constituency MPs.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not a UKIP supporter but they do have other policies such as abolishing the bedroom tax , mending potholes instead of vanity road schemes such as cycle lanes , stripping out unnecessary layers of management and executives in the NHS , introduce more grammar schools , reintroduce weekly bin collections , end preferential treatment to travellers and then treat them on an equal basis , reduce council tax to the lowest possible level , higher rate of income tax deducted on earnings of £45k+. Oh , nearly forgot , restricting immigration by only allowing in those who will be an asset to the UK.

Thanks SoG. I did hear that they might charge to visit GPs this evening. Rumour has it that Grimsby is the top target for a seat in Westminster.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How many more Daily Mail links today?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Haven't had any mentions of the NSC clique in a VERY long time. In fact I can't even remember who's in it?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thanks SoG. I did hear that they might charge to visit GPs this evening. Rumour has it that Grimsby is the top target for a seat in Westminster.

Austin Mitchell who has been the constituency MP since 1977 is stepping down at the next General Election. The Labour majority is only 714. I understand that Cleethorpes is also a UKIP target as this adjoining constituency covers the remainder of North East Lincolnshire plus Barton on Humber and surrounding villages.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Exactly this, whilst it will probably be one of the biggest in British political history it will merely be a protest vote, the classic bloody nose to the big three.

Come the 2015 General Election it will be about either national policies or how good your local candidate is, which is one of the reasons why the Lib Des won't get totally wiped out as they have a large number of good constituency MPs.

It’s difficult to judge how much the media campaigns to discredit the Liberal Democrats have worked, and how many activists have pulled away. So successful were they that people initially forgot that we had a Conservative led administration.

But both Labour and the Conservatives will grudgingly acknowledge, in private anyway, that they are the best party at co-ordinating targeted campaigns.

The Lib Dems are good at holding on to seats, and I suspect that a number of shire constituencies will be held. But, unless they do have a strong local MP, the seats that run with Labour as the main opposition will be hard to keep.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Haven't had any mentions of the NSC clique in a VERY long time. In fact I can't even remember who's in it?

Wasn't there an almighty bust up and the splitters formed the "Groovy Gang" ???

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Three reasons why UKIP and the 'Yes Vote' in Scotland are doing well...

david-cameron-220_1774555f.jpg

miliband.jpg

Nick_Clegg_by_the_2009_budget_cropped.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He is a one man, one policy party and as such has limited appeal on the wider stage. If Cameron allows an in out election Farage is out of a job. If the vote is IN then he's had his time, if the vote is Out then he got what he wanted and unless he finds a new campaign he's had his time too.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Austin Mitchell who has been the constituency MP since 1977 is stepping down at the next General Election. The Labour majority is only 714. I understand that Cleethorpes is also a UKIP target as this adjoining constituency covers the remainder of North East Lincolnshire plus Barton on Humber and surrounding villages.

This comes as no surprise, being that NE Lincolnshire is a haven for migrant workers. I suspect they will poll well in parts of coastal Kent, although the Tories may repel that with a 'Vote UKIP get Labour' agenda.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here