Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam bridcutt

bhafc123

Feb 24, 2009
Just watching the Sunderland game and they said liam bridcutt had been missing the last 3 games due to personal issues ..wonder if he's struggling

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
New baby, I believe. I remember one of his recent absences being explained as his partner being in labour.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think with a pre-season behind him, he'll probably shine more for them next year. Cattermole is so reckless, so I doubt if Poyet will want him.

Poyet will probably just sign Kuszczak and Buckley.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They already have Mannone, Ustari and Westwood - they dont need another keeper.

Will when they off-load some of the ones you mentioned.

Mannone is a disaster waiting to happen (see Man C) away. Poyet doesn't fancy Westwood and left him out quite quickly. Ustari will stay.....

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Will when they off-load some of the ones you mentioned.

Mannone is a disaster waiting to happen (see Man C) away. Poyet doesn't fancy Westwood and left him out quite quickly. Ustari will stay.....

The Vito Mannone who is their player of the season ? ALL keepers make mistakes - Mannone is pretty good and I cant see him leaving. I also dont think Kooshack is better than him, or in fact better than what they already have.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The Vito Mannone who is their player of the season ? ALL keepers make mistakes - Mannone is pretty good and I cant see him leaving. I also dont think Kooshack is better than him, or in fact better than what they already have.

Didn't say Kuszczak was better, just saying I think Poyet will go after him.

As for Mannone, that is the fans opinion, doesn't mean Poyet agrees. He quickly off-loaded Andrew Whing who was our player of the season (I think unless it was Slade).

Poyet will have a clear out of all the dead wood and there is plenty at Sunderland.

scooter1

How soon is now?
As much as I'm a fan of him when he's fit, Poyet can have Buckley for a sensible fee. He's just too fragile, and whilst some injuries are inevitable(Crofts) a team needs it's best players to be strong and remain fit.
If the PIG wants to play in the Prem, then he can go as well. He's a great shot stopper, but his distribution and confidence in coming for crosses is questionable. I don't think he'll be more than a squad player for a PL side, but we will need to replace him as what we currently have in reserve is currently not good enough either

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bridcutt on as a sub 84 mins for Colback not Cattermole. On a slightly different note I noticed El Abd not in Bristol City squad yesterday was he injured, suspended or just dropped?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If Birmingham go down I would like us to sign Chris Burke. Gilks from Blackpool to replace Kuszcz. Decent CB to partner Upson (who we should give another year to). If we can afford Ward we should go for him as well.

With luck Crofts may be back for pre-season.

Just need a decent forward, perhaps two if we cash in on Ulloa......

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Isn't there record better without him in the side? Sunderland fans don't seem to rate him.

Yep they have gained 7 points from three games without Bridcutt, and with him they got 1 point from 7 or 8 games.

I think he missed the two or three games before today coz he has just had a baby and didn't make the starting 11 against Cardiff.

Last game he played they lost 5-1 to Spurs.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If Birmingham go down I would like us to sign Chris Burke. Gilks from Blackpool to replace Kuszcz. Decent CB to partner Upson (who we should give another year to). If we can afford Ward we should go for him as well.

Be surprised if we can realistically sign anyone who will be an improvement on Dunk. That's not being negative, he's just really impressed me in the latter half of this season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Didnt we try to sign Burke before he joined Birmingham but he turned us down over thr wages offered.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here