Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sacrilege!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Don't go there. It'd be the equivalent of someone in music covering a timeless classic like Bohemian Rhapsody or Stairway to Heaven. No-one was stupid enough to do that were they.......

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
It's all doomed ! doomed I tell ya !!!!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sacrilege was my original thought, but with Toby Jones and Bill Nighy on board it's in with a shout.

Definitely one to reserve judgment on. That is the NSC way, after all. :jester:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
A genuinely superb series. I really hope the film doesn't ruin it's legacy. I may just avoid it to ensure it retains it's legendary status in the Sock household

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
However good the film is it will not add to or surpass the series.

By all means make a film, but set it in the adjacent town or something so they don't have to recreate characters that are completely engrained in the national psyche. A nod to warmington-on-sea but no more...please!!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think this could be a disaster. I don't necessarily think that it is wrong to remake or re-imagine classic TV programmes. However, I can't see where this will fit into the market. Those that remember the original Dad's Army episodes will probably dismiss it as not being as good, meanwhile I am not sure whether younger cinema goers will turn out to see the film.

It will have to be very well made to be a success.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Hhmmmmm..... not sure about this,no possible way it will ever match the original so will have to have a completely different take on the series,I will watch with an open mind,then totally slag it off as it's not as good as the original and go into a big sulk.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
At least it doesn't appear to be an American production given the total f*ck up they made of Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy.

But no it shouldn't be attempted in my book.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I can't really see the point - not the biggest fan of the show but John Le Mesurier and Arthur Lowe created (in the sense that they brought the scripts to life) two of the finest comic characters going - anybody following that is just going to be a pale imitation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here