Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Wayne: We Need to Show Fighting Spirit

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion women goalkeeper Toni-Anne Wayne says the side needs to show their fighting spirit against Cardiff City on Sunday.

The Bluebirds are still challenging for the title, but the Albion shot-stopper insists the squad are eager to bounce back from last week’s 2-1 defeat to Charlton and end the season strongly.

She told seagulls.co.uk, “We didn’t start well in the Charlton game and we allowed them to get on top of us, but in the second-half we showed our fighting spirit and believe we can beat anyone on our day.“It’s going to be a very tough game as they’re fighting for the league at the moment. They will come at us hard and fast and we need to be ready for a battle.
“Their main strengths are in midfield, but I’m confident that our attacking players can punish them if we’re on our game.”
Toni is a doubt for the game after being forced off injured with a dead leg in last week’s defeat to Charlton, making way for young keeper Rebecca Simmonds.
Wayne says she will be on hand to give any advice to her stand-in and help her as much as possible ahead of the match.
She added, “Guy Mills (physio) will do some work with me on Saturday before I have my fitness test on Sunday ahead of the game.
“At the moment it’s a 50-50 chance as to whether I play or not, but I’m staying positive. If not, then it will be a good experience for our young goalkeeper Bex and I’m sure she will do well if called upon.
“Regardless whether I start or not, we’ll have a chat on Sunday so she can mentally prepare herself if I’m not playing.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here