Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you rather be Reading or Brighton...?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I can't work out whether Albion or Reading are in the better position - OK, Reading are in the play-offs, but their last game looks a little trickier than ours. I'm tempted to think I'd rather be 7th with an eminently winnable game at Forest on the last day.....but that would be tempting fate!

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well the bookies certainly have an opinion......and you rarely see them driving a Vauxhall Viva (sad McCririck excluded). As a gut feeling though, I would rather be 'us'.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Burnley are a very professional side. They won't roll over for Reading that's for sure. I've got a feeling that if we get a result at Forest we could well make the top 6. Time will tell...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Burnley will want to see the season out on a high, just hope Forest don't have the same idea

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'd rather be Reading, according to last nights Sky commentator, it's the new Brighton.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
bookies have the edge with Reading - they are at home, and that counts in big games.

but for us, i think it's good we are away - at home we are nervy with edgy atmosphere / support.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Knowing that if you win one home game you'll be in the play-offs? Yes, I think that's the place to be right now.

Wigan must be bricking it however.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We have nothing to lose.....pressure all on the teams above us

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Knowing that if you win one home game you'll be in the play-offs? Yes, I think that's the place to be right now.

Wigan must be bricking it however.

I was thinking the same their midweek game will be a very nervy affair

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Easily Reading. At home, against a team already promoted, who are thinking merely of sinking a few beers on the open top bus parade which they no doubt have booked for the Sunday or Monday. Pride, schmide. The only thing that even slightly inspires me is that their home record isn't all that, and their supporters will get anxious very quickly if they don't score early (or we/Wigan do).

We, on the other hand, are away at a ground where we haven't historically won all that often. I don't suppose Forest's players will be all that motivated either, but then again they've underachieved all season and been flamed for it, perhaps now the pressure's off them, it might free them up a bit.

I'd take Reading's position every time.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Easily Reading. At home, against a team already promoted, who are thinking merely of sinking a few beers on the open top bus parade which they no doubt have booked for the Sunday or Monday. Pride, schmide. The only thing that even slightly inspires me is that their home record isn't all that, and their supporters will get anxious very quickly if they don't score early (or we/Wigan do).

We, on the other hand, are away at a ground where we haven't historically won all that often. I don't suppose Forest's players will be all that motivated either, but then again they've underachieved all season and been flamed for it, perhaps now the pressure's off them, it might free them up a bit.

I'd take Reading's position every time.

This is the bit at the back of my mind that keeps pecking away every time i think we will win.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I wouldn't want to rely on our away form.

Also we have a nasty habit of freezing/folding under pressure.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is the bit at the back of my mind that keeps pecking away every time i think we will win.

I know we have won there in recent years, as I remember going up for the game. Not sure of the year, maybe the mid 2000s?

I know it was a midweek game, as I was walking out of the ground afterwards and some angry local drove his car into me because I didn't hear him coming and didn't walk out of the road quickly enough for his liking (there were hundreds of Forest fans around in the road at the same time, but he was obviously upset by the sight of my blue and white scarf).

For an extra nice touch, he shouted some sort of filthy abuse at me out of the window once he'd knocked me out of the way with his front bumper.

By sheer bad luck, I was carrying a bottle of Coke at the time, and I was so shocked by the incident, I accidentally spilled the entire contents through his open window. over him and down his car. Which was unfortunate :angel: :banana:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I know we have won there in recent years, as I remember going up for the game. Not sure of the year, maybe the mid 2000s?

I know it was a midweek game, as I was walking out of the ground afterwards and some angry local drove his car into me because I didn't hear him coming and didn't walk out of the road quickly enough for his liking (there were hundreds of Forest fans around in the road at the same time, but he was obviously upset by the sight of my blue and white scarf).

For an extra nice touch, he shouted some sort of filthy abuse at me out of the window once he'd knocked me out of the way with his front bumper.

By sheer bad luck, I was carrying a bottle of Coke at the time, and I was so shocked by the incident, I accidentally spilled the entire contents through his open window. over him and down his car. Which was unfortunate :angel: :banana:

Brilliant stuff....i call that justice

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brilliant stuff....i call that justice

Completely accidental, let us be clear :whistle:

I must have left the top loose, or unwittingly unscrewed it when he hit me with his car I guess :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here