Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship next season

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Assuming the worst, on the plus side the fixtures could have a lot more appeal than usual IMO

We lose Barnsley, Yeovil, Leicester, Burnley and potentially Doncaster.

We gain Wolves, Brentford, and potentially Norwich, Sunderland, Fulham and Leyton Orient.

No Barnsley on a Tuesday night in the middle of January will be a nice relief. Surely the low point of this season.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
With Barnsley going down I really hope we go in for Dale Jennings. Would also take Stech from Yeovil if we lose TK.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
as opposed to Sunderland away on a Friday night in the middle of December for TV coverage due to the poyet factor !

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm enjoying having a competitive team every year in this division. I think this will prove to be more enjoyable than perpetual relegation battles in the top league (when we finally get there).

Looking forward to seeing the many more local lads being nurtured through the new academy as well.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
No terraces mind :(

still want Rotherham to come up via the play offs so at least one new ground next season.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
as opposed to Sunderland away on a Friday night in the middle of December for TV coverage due to the poyet factor !

That's got opening game of the season on a Friday night written all over it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Assuming Championship coupled with another challenge and another near miss...(Promotion is obviously my preferred option)

I'd like either

A-fly out of the traps and blow up narrowly missing out #

or

B-start slowly and let the turbos kick in after December to storm into the play offs#

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Could be the best league ever next season. We can't lose, whether we go up or not.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Sunderland are staying up unfortunately. In related news - how the hell are Southampton still holding onto their star players? Surely the biggest mystery in the world of football since Glenn Murray went to Palace.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
I agree with Dale Jennings not so about Stech didnt impress me last night. Would sooner go for Frederici or Schwartzer uf Chelase get their man back from Athetico Madrid

Randolph at Birmingham is a decent keeper, like Stech, had a lot of practice this season!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
What's wrong with the Leeds keeper Butland
Y

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Could be the best league ever next season. We can't lose, whether we go up or not.

Agree with that
Looking at the sides mentioned in the ops post it's 6 grounds I'd wanna go to (3 London sides as well) add Millwall, Watford & Charlton to that list and it's loads of great away days and a league we can compete in and possibly finish in the top 2 next season

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Wolves will still be receiving parachute payments from their premiership demise, so having sorted themselves out financially will be one of the big hitters back in the championship next season. Doesn't seem like a level playing field, especially when you think about poor little Yeovil.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Absolutely lots of good days out. Not sorry to see Barnsley go, hope Donny join them.

Whilst I remain really disappointed in the way we have messed it up (Blackpool performance), etc...... The truth is we are not good enough and another season wont do us any harm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here