Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No matter what happens

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
this season has been a lot better than I thought it would be, I never thought we would be challenging for 2 play off spots on the second to last week of the season, i thought it would be mid table mediocrity back in November.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
The place we have achieved s better than I thought we would get but the standard of football on offer has, bar a very few exceptions, been dire. Garcia needs to get more positive next year.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The place we have achieved s better than I thought we would get but the standard of football on offer has, bar a very few exceptions, been dire. Garcia needs to get more positive next year.

Perhaps, next season we won't have the horrific injury list, to many of our more creative and attacking players that we have had this season

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
And its all down to the last game of the season, you can't buy excitement like that

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We're still in the mix, which is more than can be said for Blackburn, Bolton, Forest and Leeds.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Perhaps, next season we won't have the horrific injury list, to many of our more creative and attacking players that we have had this season

I agree but rumours have abounded that players have come back from injury that OG hasn't then played. For instance, despite us winning, you had to question CMS not being used yesterday.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I agree but rumours have abounded that players have come back from injury that OG hasn't then played. For instance, despite us winning, you had to question CMS not being used yesterday.

He would have come on except Stephens got injured.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
When we had Blackpool at home to cement out play off credentials, it thought yes, here we are, we are worthy of the place. Then we failed to beat the poorest team I've seen this season at the Amex, and I thought well that's it, the players, tactics and manager have conspired to do something previously thought impossible. I bet the Blackpool payers all bought lottery tickets on their way home, such must have been their belief in their own luck.

Apply the same to the home game against Barnsley, whatever the reason, the facts are the team has bottled it in those games, and they have all but cost us a place in the shoot out.

If we get a large amount of luck, pull out a result at the laughing stock of the division next week, and the Burnley players aren't on the beach, then ok, we'll be in the position the team deserves. But frankly, there are 4 or 5 players, and a manager, who have failed with goal shy performances and uninventive tactics, for pretty much every single game this season. Next season they have to improve, have to stop wasting their undoubted talents, have to step up and be winning players, because those teams dropping out of the EPL will be far harder to overcome than Reading, QPR and Wigan have been this season, and they'll have a lot more money to spend on a quick return to the top division.

If we do manage to do it though, then of course, We're ****ing Brilliant!

:seagulls:

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
When we had Blackpool at home to cement out play off credentials, it thought yes, here we are, we are worthy of the place. Then we failed to beat the poorest team I've seen this season at the Amex, and I thought well that's it, the players, tactics and manager have conspired to do something previously thought impossible. I bet the Blackpool payers all bought lottery tickets on their way home, such must have been their belief in their own luck.

Apply the same to the home games against Charlton and Barnsley, whatever the reason, the facts are the team has bottled it in those games, and they have all but cost us a place in the shoot out.

If we get a large amount of luck, pull out a result at the laughing stock of the division next week, and the Burnley players aren't on the beach, then ok, we'll be in the position the team deserves. But frankly, there are 4 or 5 players, and a manager, who have failed with goal shy performances and uninventive tactics, for pretty much every single game this season. Next season they have to improve, have to stop wasting their undoubted talents, have to step up and be winning players, because those teams dropping out of the EPL will be far harder to overcome than Reading, QPR and Wigan have been this season, and they'll have a lot more money to spend on a quick return to the top division.

If we do manage to do it though, then of course, We're ****ing Brilliant!

:seagulls:

And there I was thinking we spanked them 3-0. Things will be much better next season. That's if we're in the Championship; we'll get mullered in the PL.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
And there I was thinking we spanked them 3-0. Things will be much better next season. That's if we're in the Championship; we'll get mullered in the PL.

Haha, oops, :blush: not quite sure what I was thinking

We haven't been good enough this season, even if we scrape into 6th place next week with Reading pratfalling, I'll still feel the same.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
this season has been a lot better than I thought it would be, I never thought we would be challenging for 2 play off spots on the second to last week of the season, i thought it would be mid table mediocrity back in November.

Depends on what you mean by 'better'

At the start of the season I expected us to finish mid-table, so in respect of league position and contending for a play-off position then yes, this season has been better than I expected.

If however you are asking have I enjoyed this season more than I expected to do then the answer has to be a resounding NO. The quality of football has been far lower than I expected irrespective of results and points gained.

Too much emphasis has been placed on not losing games rather than winning them in my opinion. I have left far more games this season disappointed in the teams performance than I expected and hoped for. This all appears to stem from reaching for the Holy Grail of reaching the Premier League - an aim that appears to have superceded what should in my opinion be the main aim of the club, to play attractive entertaining football.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I feel that if we are in the Championship next season our chances will hinge on having a settled midfield plus a decent playmaker. I'm thinking Crofts, Ince, Stephens plus AN Other. Maybe Orlandi will step up but I'm also hoping that Oscar will find a gem from Spain who will give us that unpredictable 'x-factor' to unlock defences and give our strikers proper chances to excel.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I feel that if we are in the Championship next season our chances will hinge on having a settled midfield plus a decent playmaker. I'm thinking Crofts, Ince, Stephens plus AN Other. Maybe Orlandi will step up but I'm also hoping that Oscar will find a gem from Spain who will give us that unpredictable 'x-factor' to unlock defences and give our strikers proper chances to excel.

I agree with you in the most part, accept Andrews, think we can do better than him. However I have seen no evidence that Garcia has any 'gems' in Spain. Hopefully he does have some contacts, we will wait and see.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I agree with you in the most part, accept Andrews, think we can do better than him. However I have seen no evidence that Garcia has any 'gems' in Spain. Hopefully he does have some contacts, we will wait and see.

My thinking is that Andrews and Lopez will not be with us and have a settled core in midfield of Crofts, Ince and Stephens, with maybe JFC and Orlandi on the bench.

Yes Oscar has yet to show he can attract decent players from Spain but here's hoping he will surprise us. We need someone with guile and skill who is reasonably affordable and feel we might get better value from abroad, especially if not on the radar of other English clubs.

I also wonder who out of March, Buckley and KLL will still be with us come August?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here