Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paying the price for not going for the jugular.... If only!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Of course you can point to so many things in a season, but on Monday we had a great chance to put the play offs into our own hands and we fluffed it.

We should have gone for Blackpool's throats but instead we paid them too much respect and are now paying for that. It was in our hands and we blew it.

What a missed opportunity. So to Forest we go and hope that Reading buckle.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Ifs and butts

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Pretty much agree, although Blackpool beating Wigan has shown that they are finishing the season in form. But, yes, failure to score goals has been our downfall. But hey, we still have a slight glimmer of hope!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It's a 46 game season, why pick out particular games?

Because we knew what the situation was against Blackpool - one of the worst teams in the division. We were at home with three games to go and our fate in our own hands and we didn't tear into them. Pretty obvious why I picked on that game I would have thought.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Of course you can point to so many things in a season, but on Monday we had a great chance to put the play offs into our own hands and we fluffed it.

We should have gone for Blackpool's throats but instead we paid them too much respect and are now paying for that. It was in our hands and we blew it.

I wonder if Wigan fans think they should have showed Blackpool more respect.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Blackpool won 2 0 at Wigan today. Perhaps they are not the mugs so many on NSC seemed to suggest they were. Misplaced arrogance.

Tosh. Their record before Monday was utterly abysmal. We had the chance to stamp on a team in disarray and bank three massive points but we just didn't go for it. We lacked fire and urgency and desire and now, as I say, we're paying the price.

I really admire the team for being in with a shout and I'm a very positive Albion fan, but Monday was a missed opportunity when we knew what needed to be done. Such a shame. And so very BHA.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We took the lead against Blackpool and I genuinely couldn't see them scoring as they posed very little threat before their wonder goal. It's easy with hindsight but would you have posted this thread if Donny had got a point? I think not. I can't believe the outburst of negativity after 1 result we couldn't control went against us.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
How do you know that if we went all out attack we wouldn't have lost? Well you would probably be moaning that we should have been more cautious.

Oi. You're talking nonsense. I'm a hugely positive and optimistic fan, so where did that comment come from. I'm merely pointing out that (a) fact, we didn't tear in to Blackpool and (b) fact, we failed to beat a team with one win in something like 20 games and (c) fact, we knew what needed to be done.

Don't tell me what I would or wouldn't have done if we'd attacked and lost.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We took the lead against Blackpool and I genuinely couldn't see them scoring as they posed very little threat before their wonder goal. It's easy with hindsight but would you have posted this thread if Donny had got a point? I think not. I can't believe the outburst of negativity after 1 result we couldn't control went against us.

Accusing someone else of negativity? Coming from you that is rich.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Rubbish. We did go for it. Just not very well. Once again good chances to win the game were spurned. No lack of effort, just a lack of clinical finishing.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Oi. You're talking nonsense. I'm a hugely positive and optimistic fan, so where did that comment come from. I'm merely pointing out that (a) fact, we didn't tear in to Blackpool and (b) fact, we failed to beat a team with one win in something like 20 games and (c) fact, we knew what needed to be done.

Don't tell me what I would or wouldn't have done if we'd attacked and lost.

This fella may well be Oscar in disguise. You are not allowed to criticise anything and must just be a happy clapper and convince everyone that everything is great and Oscar is God!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Accusing someone else of negativity? Coming from you that is rich.

Where have I been negative about the Albion? I've said I think Oscar has far exceeded expectations this season and I'm pleased that we even have a chance of making the playoffs, bizarre comment.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Rubbish. We did go for it. Just not very well. Once again good chances to win the game were spurned. No lack of effort, just a lack of clinical finishing.

Sorry, were you at the game, if that was us going for it then I would hate to see us when we don't. We were abysmal in the Blackpool game and fully the deserve the situation we are now in. We threw a massive chance away in that game. There was a distinct lack of quality all game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here