Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would a Forest Draw tday suit us more?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
So many different things can happen today.

If Reading don't win (obviously the best result), would a Bournemouth/Forest be the best result for us.

That way Forest still have it all to play for next week, but have to beat us by 4 goals, which means they have to come out all guns blazing, which should suit us, if we play with pace.

If Forest are out of it today, they could turn up next week with a nothing to lose attitude and make it difficult. Likewise they could turn up with dont give a shit attitude and make it easy.

But if Reading do win, would it be better for Forest to win as well, to pile the pressure on them, because as its out of our hands the pressure should be off us a little.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Too much thinking. Let's just wait and see eh?

Aug 23, 2011
Possibly but if they come out all guns blazing and are 2 up after 10 mins..... Think I'd prefer them to be out of it so their players are thinking of their hols

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Bournemouth can't catch us (barring miraculous results) so of course we want a Forest defeat. This will rule them both out of contention. Can hardly see Forest fired up for a final fixture when they've just blown any hope of going up!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Need a negative forest result IMO .

They've been utter gash for a couple months but a positive result means they are bang back in form and would be dangerous . Negative results will put all those doubts back in their minds.

Going to forest to get a result is a shit scenario if they need to beat us

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Would prefer a Forest defeat, but I wouldnt complain if its a draw.

This and what Codner's Wallop says. Bournemouth are six points off us, and we've got a goal difference that is 15 better than theirs. They're out of it. If they win, Forest will also be out of it. If they draw, Forest will have to beat us by four goals, and hope for Reading to slip up to sneak in. So it looks like anything but a Forest win are good results for us.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Come on guys, how long have you been supporting Brighton? You know the score, we get close enough to make us all feel it's possible only to blow it just at the end! (Only joking)

I feel the only way to approach this is all we have to do it BEAT Forest away, what Reading or anyone else does it out of our control

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Forest defeat it is then! :lol: If Reading don't win, then its a Forest loss all the way, but we are out of the top six tonight..............

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A Bournemouth win means that both sides can no longer go above us.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
This and what Codner's Wallop says. Bournemouth are six points off us, and we've got a goal difference that is 15 better than theirs. They're out of it. If they win, Forest will also be out of it. If they draw, Forest will have to beat us by four goals, and hope for Reading to slip up to sneak in. So it looks like anything but a Forest win are good results for us.
I just Forest needing to win by 4 goals would suit us. If we play pace, we could pick them off, where if the game passes without score, they are more likely to become dishearten and give up. I'm going for a walk. I can't sit here and watch the scores come in

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
Bournemouth to beat forest, Reading to lose to doncaster and burnley. Everything goes our way only for forest to hold us to a 1-0 loss and watford to beat us to 6th by goal difference. It would be Brighton all over.

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
As it stands but not at the time of me writing the post. I had also forgot about Blackburn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here