Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we done what you expected this year ?

How have we done this season ?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So before we get into the emotion of did we/didn't we make the play-offs ? (and then having to wait another month for everyone to calm down) How have we done this season against your pre-season expectations ?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bit better here. After the turmoil of Gusgate I thought we would be about 10th -11th.

Without injuries, particularly Crofts, I think we would have probably cemented our play off place by now.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
As expected really, we were never going to have a brilliant season like Leicester and were in the mix for the play-offs - we cant complain about that and its what i expected.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Slightly worse than I expected because I expected better performances and results at home escpecially against the ' weaker' teams

I'd agree that we have been disappointing against the 'lesser' teams, but feel that this has been more than compensated by our performances against the 'stronger' teams. So, together with the injuries, I've gone for slightly better.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
After taking everything into account - we have done really well to be in with a decent shout going into the final day. Rivaling teams with Parachute Payments and others spending silly money on wages.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
In the run-up to the season, and after the first couple of games, I admit I was thinking that we'd be in the 12-16 range so very happy with where we are. Shame that some of the team performances just weren't there for important games, but if we get a bit of luck in the next few hours it's going to be a thrilling last game of the season.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I said at the start of the season that a top 10 finish would be acceptable but ideally playoffs. So at the moment we're doing as i'd hoped. Had we had more fortune with injuries then i'd probably aim for playoffs as a minimum, but that's what's lovely about football...its ruddy difficult to know what will happen next.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Been a brilliant season again ,im well happy with it , 1 game to go and we are still in the mix , We have had a ridiculous amount of injuries throughout the season and players like Ince , March , Forster Caskey , have come in and played bloody well in the main , yep we have screwed up now and then along the way but ile take endings like this every season all day long .

Roll on next week , and whatever happens ive had my monies worth this season .

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
As things stand

exactly what I expected :)

however we've still got the possibility of doing more

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Voted a bit worse because, unbeknownst to me, I'm an optimist, but given our injuries this season and the January transfer window, I think we're about where we should be.
I'd really like to make the play-offs, for the experience of it, the excitement and the extra money. Not so sure if promotion this year is a good idea, however, as our squad just doesn't look up for survival. Would like Oscar to weave his magic in the summer, and us to go for outright next season.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Over achieved on what I was expecting. would still like to see us make the play-offs but if we don't hopefully we will comeback stronger next season

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't really see how anyone in their right mind could vote for anything other than 'A lot better than I expected'. This season's squad was weaker than last season's to start with. It then got further weakened in January. And the list of long-term injuries has been crippling, as it were.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Don't really see how anyone in their right mind could vote for anything other than 'A lot better than I expected'. This season's squad was weaker than last season's to start with. It then got further weakened in January. And the list of long-term injuries has been crippling, as it were.

This. It's been a decent season considering this. Even if we don't make the play-offs, it's been a great just to be involved at the right end

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If this is an appraisal then a very high "exceeds"

I know I have said this repeatedly but do not underestimate the carnage our previous manager caused throughout the club.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
So before we get into the emotion of did we/didn't we make the play-offs ? (and then having to wait another month for everyone to calm down) How have we done this season against your pre-season expectations ?

I expected a top ten finish due to Oscar having his first full season in charge contending with the upset and upheaval of last season.

So I voted a little better as at the start of the season we were unaware that players would leave in the transfer window not forgetting our horrendous injury list.

So very pleased to be honest, last day of the season next week and we could extend our involvement into the play offs..... Bonus

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
A bit better in terms of league position.
A bit worse in terms of performances.

Overall a good season regardless of what happens now, we have done well in difficult circumstances the only negative being the general lack of entertainment in terms of performances and goal mouth action.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
frankly no ....i understand that we dont have endless pots of money ,we have had bulk injuries ,what i cant grasp is the kemy and lita situations as they are both quality players ......obika ...hmm , wubbish....ward, spot on, andrews hmm,hmm not sure i think he's got kemy's spot i personally doubt we will go up this year and i hope we get the set up right for next season.....we need a back bone...!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here