Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the most cash you have ever found in the street or out and about ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I had a nice surprise this morning getting in the car I noticed a soggy £20 note near the curb, so straight in the old sky rocket.

This is not the first time, I once when I lived in Camden a £50 scrunched up again by my car and again on a Saturday morning. However although the was the most not the most bizarre as I once drove from Brighton to Mordon and when I arrived on site and got out some workman pointed to my front bumper and said whats that..... It was a again a soggy £20 stuck to my bumper..... Chances of that when, how did that happen on the drive....

Anyone else and how much ?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
£120 in a purse last year

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I was about 13 years old and going to the newsagents to do my paper round one morning, on the way I was kicking a Players No6 box that was on the pavement.
As I was honing my footballing skills, after a particularly hard kicked right cross, the lid came open and a few coins fell out.
On further investigation I found it contained almost 32 quid in paper and change.
Brightened up my day, though did spare a thought for whoever was using it as a wallet, no fags in it mind.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Found £20 in the street in London Road last year. What's the chances of that? Regularly find tenners and the odd twenty in Preston Drove, always earlyish in the morning. Must be people out on the lash the night before, hopefully the DFLs from the Park View. Not that they'd miss them.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Found a £50 note outside the market diner about 12 years ago when I worked there :D

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
£20 note, where the buses leave outside Victoria whilst strolling over to the tube station

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not quite the same but I was in the Tesco garage on Camden Road a decade or so ago and when if got to the counter to pay for my food noticed a lump of dope on the counter. Like, really obviously just sitting there in the middle of the counter. We asked the guy on the desk if it was his and when he said no it went straight in my lady's pocket. Bizarre.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Random bank notes are unidentifiable property. You can not carry out reasonable steps to locate the owner. Therefore no theft.

Cash in a bag with a name. Different story

Then you *should* hand it in to the police. If it's not claimed in (IIRC) 6 weeks, then you can have it.

This is what my mum made me do when I found a fiver in a park in hurstpierpoint in 1969 (and in them days a fiver was a lot of money).

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I was out on my bike a few years a ago when I saw a £20 note lying in the verge. "That's a stroke of luck," I thought and stopped to pick it up. As I did I noticed another, then another, then another and finally a whole bundle - just lying at the side of the road. I then saw a wallet lying nearby. I picked it all up, took it home and counted it out. There was just short of two hundred quid. I had a look through the wallet and found a card with a phone number on it. So I called the number and managed to track down the relieved owner and told him I'd found his wallet and his cash. Turns out he'd been taking his young kids into town, put his wallet on the roof of the car whilst he strapped them in the car seats and drove off, forgetting all about his wallet. He was just in the process of cancelling all his bank cards etc, so he was mighty relieved to get his wallet and all his cash back.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Funnily enough I saw a mud-covered, creased-up £5 on the side of the road just outside the Kingston Gorse estate about four weeks ago. Before that, my brother stumbled across twenty quid in an unnamed envelope in Ferring last year. We asked around, thinking it might have been a tip for the local paper-boy, but no one claimed it in the end.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
I was out on my bike a few years a ago when I saw a £20 note lying in the verge. "That's a stroke of luck," I thought and stopped to pick it up. As I did I noticed another, then another, then another and finally a whole bundle - just lying at the side of the road. I then saw a wallet lying nearby. I picked it all up, took it home and counted it out. There was just short of two hundred quid. I had a look through the wallet and found a card with a phone number on it. So I called the number and managed to track down the relieved owner and told him I'd found his wallet and his cash. Turns out he'd been taking his young kids into town, put his wallet on the roof of the car whilst he strapped them in the car seats and drove off, forgetting all about his wallet. He was just in the process of cancelling all his bank cards etc, so he was mighty relieved to get his wallet and all his cash back.
You have my utmost respect :clap2:
I have done similar when i saw a mans wallet fall from his back pocket and the feeling of handing it back to him and seeing how happy he was to get it back was worth more then any amount of money.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You have my utmost respect :clap2:
I have done similar when i saw a mans wallet fall from his back pocket and the feeling of handing it back to him and seeing how happy he was to get it back was worth more then any amount of money.

I did the same when a chap was getting into the passenger side of a car at Sainsburys and his wallet fell out onto the floor, the driver took off straight away. I saw & picked it up & chased him down the ramp waving his wallet in the air and caught up with him at the give way bit in the underground car park. He was made up and tried to give me £20.00 I said no, did not have time to see how much was in their as it happened so fast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here