Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yeovil Leaving The Pitch

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I was impressed with our generous applause to the them, at the end.
Good to see and hear.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
They battled well and their fans were good natured. I applauded players and supporters alike ... don't think I've ever done that before.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Found it quite emotional if I'm honest. Wasn't long ago we were a team struggling against all odds to stay in the championship with very limited funds due to the Withdean factor.

Marvellous scenes.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Going to be a long long time before they are in the Championship again.

Decent players will leave (mostly defenders Webster and Ayling plus Duffy goes back to Everton - prob to be sold to a Champ team. He was immense tonight. Their best player by far) and they haven't got much of a squad.

Last edited:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I thought it was a tad generous. They threw the towel in when we scored. If we had of gone down in that manner I would have been livid

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
it has to be said that Gary Johnson comes across as a really classy guy. in both interviews today, before and after the game, his comments were both passionate and realistic. unlike some in his position, he really seems to 'get it'. he's a good guy and i hope they finish off the season with a win.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I thought it was a tad generous. They threw the towel in when we scored. If we had of gone down in that manner I would have been livid

Harsh. I actually thought we were on the back foot after our first until our very late second and they gave us a couple of very real scares through the game. Ultimately they just aren't good enough as their position shows but fought until the penultimate game. No shame in that.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The same class shown by Albion fans at the King Power when newly promoted Leicester were introduced, for a few seconds there was a mutual appreciation thing going on between the two sets of fans. Then the Albion showed them how to play footie (again).

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I had a minor altercation with a few of their less classy fans in the coach park after the game but I am impressed with Gary Johnson.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Found it quite emotional if I'm honest. Wasn't long ago we were a team struggling against all odds to stay in the championship with very limited funds due to the Withdean factor.

Marvellous scenes.

that was my thoughts, felt a little odd being the big club as they cheered on in the face of defeat and relgation.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
A shame we had to be the ones to send them down. A nice club who brought a good chunk of fans for a Friday night match from a million miles away and plenty of them seemed to be partying hard in the corner. I hope they are able to bounce back soon.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Not sure about that - they were still up for it. Their no 21 had a couple of good runs, and there were two occasions when one of their players surged through the midfield and got worryingly close to our penalty area. On tonight's performance Yeovil were better than several teams at the Amex this season (Charlton, Blackpool, Blackburn, Bournemouth come to mind….although I know the latter two have played decent stuff elsewhere).

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
It's always easy to applaud your opponents when you have won,would we have been so generous if we had drawn or lost.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
They've done well to get this far and tonight they put up a good fight and had no luck go their way.

A year ago we sent Wolves down and they've come straight back up again. I hope the same happens to Yeovil, good club, good manager.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
A shame we had to be the ones to send them down. A nice club who brought a good chunk of fans for a Friday night match from a million miles away and plenty of them seemed to be partying hard in the corner. I hope they are able to bounce back soon.
Definately this...pity they went down...but they went with diginity

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yeovil goalkeeper (ex Sparta Prague and West Ham) young and out of contract at the end of the season..........could be a good shout (Jones has influence at Yeovil) should the PIG move on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here