Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relegation threatened sides.....

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Can ANYONE please explain to me the thoughts behind these teams tactics of timewasting? Let's start with tonight. Yeovil need 6 points to stand any chance of survival, yes that's two WINS. So why at 0-0 were they wasting so much time. If I was a supporter of theirs seeing their striker in the 1st half deliberately taking the longest route off the pitch possible to waste time, I'd feel like running on the pitch and shouting in his face "do you realise we need to ****ing win to stay up?"

As for Blackpool on Monday, it was even worse. You argue a point is a good result away from home and may ensure their survival. But I truly hope their negative tactics and lack of desire to win a game of football results in them being relegated.

This is the business end of the season, and I can honestly say if I was a manager of either of these sides, I'd be appalled at the lack of desire to WIN i repeat WIN a game of football.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I did think that was strange when their striker took his sweet ass time. Footballers are thick in general though.

However if Brighton having 20-odd shots on goal isn't showing desire to win, then I don't know what planet you're on. We played well, especially considering we KNEW the longer it was 0-0 the more they;d have to come out to get a goal. Played it patiently and professionally rather than expecting to smash them

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yeovil are not as bad as the seem,i feel they could have had a bit more of a rub of the green............fear? i guess fear plays a part,personally fear would drive me to try to win..

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I did think that was strange when their striker took his sweet ass time. Footballers are thick in general though.

However if Brighton having 20-odd shots on goal isn't showing desire to win, then I don't know what planet you're on. We played well, especially considering we KNEW the longer it was 0-0 the more they;d have to come out to get a goal. Played it patiently and professionally rather than expecting to smash them
I think you are getting a little confused Naz. I know we showed desire to win. I'm talking about the lack of desire from our opponents!

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I think you are getting a little confused Naz. I know we showed desire to win. I'm talking about the lack of desire from our opponents!

Sorry, where you said "these teams" i assumed you meant us and Yeovil (excusing the obviousness of the thread title)...whoops!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sorry, where you said "these teams" i assumed you meant us and Yeovil (excusing the obviousness of the thread title)...whoops!

Hey,to some on here Brighton would need 50 shots on goal and a 10-0 score line and 98.9% possession just to get out of bed in the morning...

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm surprised by this. I thought they were the least time wasting side I've seen at the AMEX all season, maybe just me.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Think they knew their best chance was to keep it tight and nick a goal or go for it late on.
Good performance from them and us I thought. With more performances like that in the season both teams would be higher up the table.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I'm surprised by this. I thought they were the least time wasting side I've seen at the AMEX all season, maybe just me.

You may be right but how many times has a side come to the Amex in the last chance saloon HAVING GOT TO WIN to survive in the division? None, bar yeovil

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Agree with that.

And fair play to Gary Johnson, at least they came and had a go.

Nice to see them get a decent reception from the Albion fans at the end.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Think they knew their best chance was to keep it tight and nick a goal or go for it late on.
Good performance from them and us I thought. With more performances like that in the season both teams would be higher up the table.

Maybe I was watching a different game but I don't think we played well tonight.We scored from a cross & we scored with the last kick of the game.
I cannot remember their keeper making any saves of note or us making that many goal scoring chances of note.

We have played much better than we did tonight & lost (Wigan springs to mind)

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Maybe I was watching a different game but I don't think we played well tonight.We scored from a cross & we scored with the last kick of the game.
I cannot remember their keeper making any saves of note or us making that many goal scoring chances of note.

We have played much better than we did tonight & lost (Wigan springs to mind)

Not Many chances??? Orlandi two sitters, Leo header that keeper palmed away, Dunk header just over, Leo header just over, Buckley cut in shot straight at keeper, Lingaard shot, Ward shot just wide just to name a few. Thought we made loads of goal scoring chances myself!!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I didn't really see time-wasting by Yeovil. I don't go regularly away but the worst I have ever seen was by the Terriers. I'd have had them put down.

Huddersfield were a disgrace beyond belief, even trained their ball boys to waste time as well.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can ANYONE please explain to me the thoughts behind these teams tactics of timewasting? Let's start with tonight. Yeovil need 6 points to stand any chance of survival, yes that's two WINS. So why at 0-0 were they wasting so much time. If I was a supporter of theirs seeing their striker in the 1st half deliberately taking the longest route off the pitch possible to waste time, I'd feel like running on the pitch and shouting in his face "do you realise we need to ****ing win to stay up?"

As for Blackpool on Monday, it was even worse. You argue a point is a good result away from home and may ensure their survival. But I truly hope their negative tactics and lack of desire to win a game of football results in them being relegated.

This is the business end of the season, and I can honestly say if I was a manager of either of these sides, I'd be appalled at the lack of desire to WIN i repeat WIN a game of football.

Yeovil didn't waste last time night. The one incident you highlighted could be argued that he was moving to the touchline because that's where he would re-enter the game thus ensuring that his team weren't down to ten men for more than they needed to be, bearing in mind they needed to win.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

The referee 'added' 0 minutes at HT or did I miss the board?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here