Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kick off delayed until 8pm Traffic problems

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
strange one re traffic problems....i travel by car on the a27 from Shoreham and it was the quickest journey all season

Best journey from Eastbourne too today using Mithras House, no queuing at all. Same post-match, straight onto a 25 bus - home within 40 minutes.

Was there any need to delay KO ? It was pretty full at 7.45, as were the concourses.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
By far the worst it's been to London Road. Not there yet! Would walk but back not up to it. Would help if others did...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Didn't help that they cancelled the 22:07 which would have been the second train back to Brighton after the final whistle. Though the station staff made a pretty good effort at filling the eight carriage 22:16 (still a few empty seats towards the back when it left though).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Best journey from Eastbourne too today using Mithras House, no queuing at all. Same post-match, straight onto a 25 bus - home within 40 minutes.

Was there any need to delay KO ? It was pretty full at 7.45, as were the concourses.

I thought I heard a comment on TV that one of the assistant referees was delayed on the way there. I had to watch the game at home due to being unwell.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lewes trains better than normal for an evening game. Stayed for the 'lap of appreciation' but was still back in Lewes around 10.35 and home before 11. Atmosphere was good tonight, shame so many STHs didn't bother but their loss.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11

If you'd been at Brighton Station on the way tonight, you'd have known the answer. Your friends from Southern Railway decided to put on a two-coach train on the second to last train scheduled to get to Falmer in time. The train after that was unable to take all those unable to get onto that one. I was also very glad the kick off was delayed after the slow run down from Victoria on the Gatwick Express.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Although they blamed traffic and accidents from what I saw there were more problems on the trains than on the roads. A27 was very clear when we came along it.

.. And just got in. Good luck to those travelling further.

Just before me..

Is this about normal time for you guys?
Our son lives near the Oval and he's stopped coming to evening games because he gets back so late. TBH, I hadn't appreciated that he wasn't getting home until 3.5 hours after the game had finished.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here