Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's guest pie / new pie suggestions for next season

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I would LOVE to see Pie + Chips for the East Stand, exepct I would like that without the Pie...

It would be nice to have a fish pie. And I quite inejoy the Chilli pies when they're the special.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I have never had a 'special' pie, either I don't fancy them or they haven't had any left.

My suggestions:
Sausage and onion
Beano pie

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
A slice of humble pie might be in order after tonights game................if another season in the Championship beckons. Boom tish.

How about a pasty for a change - either the traditional type or maybe chicken and smoked bacon version? IMHO pasties are often easier to eat than a pie because they remain intact so less need for a plastic fork etc.

I agree that a portion of chips alongside the pies wouldn't go amiss either.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
If we are keeping it local its got to be seagull / pigeon surely?!

Yoda

English & European
I would so love to see this in a Pie:
St Giorgios kleftiko parcels

by Ainsley Harriott from Barbecue Bible

Total time: 2.5
Serves: 6

Ingredients

750g/1½ boned leg lamb, well trimmed
65ml/2½fl oz extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tbsp)
2tsp roughly chopped fresh oregano
2tsp picked fresh thyme leaves
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 small beef tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped
175g/6oz kefalotyri cheese or goats' cheddar or pecorino
4 small bay leaves
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Method

Place the lamb in a large bowl and pour over the olive oil, then add the lemon juice, oregano, thyme, garlic and salt and pepper. Mix together well and leave to marinate at room temperature for 2 hours or in the fridge over night.
2. Shape 4 x 30cm/12in squares of double thickness foil into little bowls. Sprinkle the tomatoes over the lamb mixture and then divide it between the pieces of foil. Arrange slices of cheese on top and stick a bay leaf in each parcel.
3. Pinch the edges of the foil together to make well-sealed parcels and barbecue over low-medium coals for 30-40 minutes until the lamb is completely tender and the cheese has begun to melt.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
How about "edible" ?
I've given up on buying them this season as they were mainly just very hard pastry with very little filling - unless it has changed

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I would so love to see this in a Pie:
St Giorgios kleftiko parcels

by Ainsley Harriott from Barbecue Bible

Total time: 2.5
Serves: 6

Ingredients

750g/1½ boned leg lamb, well trimmed
65ml/2½fl oz extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tbsp)
2tsp roughly chopped fresh oregano
2tsp picked fresh thyme leaves
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 small beef tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped
175g/6oz kefalotyri cheese or goats' cheddar or pecorino
4 small bay leaves
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Method

Place the lamb in a large bowl and pour over the olive oil, then add the lemon juice, oregano, thyme, garlic and salt and pepper. Mix together well and leave to marinate at room temperature for 2 hours or in the fridge over night.
2. Shape 4 x 30cm/12in squares of double thickness foil into little bowls. Sprinkle the tomatoes over the lamb mixture and then divide it between the pieces of foil. Arrange slices of cheese on top and stick a bay leaf in each parcel.
3. Pinch the edges of the foil together to make well-sealed parcels and barbecue over low-medium coals for 30-40 minutes until the lamb is completely tender and the cheese has begun to melt.

Not sure if 6 will be enough.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Didn't realise that word was banned when applying to the food. Hmmm.

Was that fag got?

The reason it is banned is NSC had adverts pulled by Google when their automated bad word searching thing found instances of the word on NSC. Google are smart, but not smart enough to know that it is a food here in good old blighty and it was in that context that it was being used. I did explain this to them but I don't want to take the chance of a reoccurrence.

Anyway, back on topic, cheese & onion please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here