Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How albion fans can avoid antagonising Yeovil and giving them motivation

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
From experience watching Brighton play an end-of-season game some time back at Griffin Park when Brentford were struggling, you should not:

Chant endlessly "You're Going Down and You Know It" and generally act all arrogant.

What happened in that game? From memory Bees fans chanted back endlessly "You're Going Down on Your Boyfriend", Kerry Mayo lost his cool and was sent off in the first half. and Jo Kuffour scored a breakaway goal and Bees won 1-0. They still went down though.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Wolves were in the same situation last season for our last home game and we relegated them - we didnt do anything to them, despite being in a worse situation than Yeovil after their relegation the previous season.

Not quite sure what your point is really......

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Chant endlessly "You're Going Down and You Know It" and generally act all arrogant.

Has anyone anywhere EVER chanted that? Correct chant is 'Thats Why Your Going Down' (as heard v Blackpool) to which the correct response is 'Thats Why Youre Staying Down'. Hopefully won't be hearing THAT one tonight.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Wolves were in the same situation last season for our last home game and we relegated them - we didnt do anything to them, despite being in a worse situation than Yeovil after their relegation the previous season.

Not quite sure what your point is really......

Well I said before you wound up Jonny Williams in the Ipswich game, Stephen Dobbie in the Blackpool game and no doubt all the Boro fans with DHSS chants. Results: 1 point out of 9.

Wolves are a different kettle of fish (why kettle I wonder?) to Yeovil, they've been up and down before Yeovil have only had this season in the second tier. So they'll be looking to go out with a bit of pride.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Well I said before you wound up Jonny Williams in the Ipswich game, Stephen Dobbie in the Blackpool game and no doubt all the Boro fans with DHSS chants. Results: 1 point out of 9.

Wolves are a different kettle of fish (why kettle I wonder?) to Yeovil, they've been up and down before Yeovil have only had this season in the second tier. So they'll be looking to go out with a bit of pride.

I didnt hear any chants to Williams in the Ipswich game at all. Dobbie kopped a fair bit of abuse, probably down to him scoring and going in strong on tackles on Albion players. RE Middlesbrough, I havent a clue what your on about. And suggesting that we were poor in all those games because of chants towards the other team ? What a load of shite. We didnt win them because we played like crap - simple as that.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
From experience watching Brighton play an end-of-season game some time back at Griffin Park when Brentford were struggling, you should not:

What happened in that game? From memory Bees fans chanted back endlessly "You're Going Down on Your Boyfriend", Kerry Mayo lost his cool and was sent off in the first half. and Jo Kuffour scored a breakaway goal and Bees won 1-0. They still went down though.

It's just a bit of fun, and doubtful that it makes much of a difference. Certainly not 'arrogant'.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Who the hell are you to tell us what we should and should not sing?

As if Palace have never sung condescending songs to anyone. Please.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Total and utter bollocks.

Why are you even here?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Oh, hes a Palace fan - bit rich of them to take the moral high ground.

Fans threw objects and gave a fair bit of abuse at Wayne Rooney when they played United at their place, yet we cant say anything to Dobbie who was being a bit of an idiot in our previous game ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Kettle as in those long fish-boiling pans (for poaching salmon etc), not your typical Morphy Richards Tea Ingredient Heater that are available from a burning shop near you.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

Was that really an end of season match? :eek:

Would've sworn that was a middle of the season affair , was at the game (believe the away end was the other end to where it is now ) , Remember Kuffour was absolutely class that day and ran our defence ragged.

TBH if it takes something predictable like that to motivate Yeovil then they really need to get rid of their management and coaches , they'll come at us regardless.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Oh, hes a Palace fan - bit rich of them to take the moral high ground.

Fans threw objects and gave a fair bit of abuse at Wayne Rooney when they played United at their place, yet we cant say anything to Dobbie who was being a bit of an idiot in our previous game ?

Their catalog of misdemeanors is thick.

- Fans breaking into Holloway's press conference to abuse him on air.
- Fans ripping out seats and chucking them at their own fans putting at least 1 in hospital at Watford.
- Fans giving throat slitting gestures aimed at Holloway at Selhurst.

Role model fans indeed.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
From memory Bees fans chanted back endlessly "You're Going Down on Your Boyfriend", Kerry Mayo lost his cool and was sent off in the first half. and Jo Kuffour scored a breakaway goal and Bees won 1-0. They still went down though.

These days such (perfectly justified) scenes would see an article on BBC news, Liz Costa getting interviewed and giving some ludicrous opinion, a complaint to the police and a 20 page thread on here full of people demanding that Brentford should be chucked out the league.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I didnt hear any chants to Williams in the Ipswich game at all. Dobbie kopped a fair bit of abuse, probably down to him scoring and going in strong on tackles on Albion players. RE Middlesbrough, I havent a clue what your on about. And suggesting that we were poor in all those games because of chants towards the other team ? What a load of shite. We didnt win them because we played like crap - simple as that.

You should get yor lugholes washed out mate. Williams himself told the "Argus" after the game that it eas the verbal attitude of the crowd that boosted his performance. Someone at the Boro game told me the Albion fans gave them the usual DHSS stuff. And as for the booing of Poyet's son, in the Charlton game..you could hear it on the SCR broadcast.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

What exactly had Rooney done other than sign a new contract?

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Currently one goal, one goal from the playoffs. Brilliant stuff.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here