Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet another piece of UKIP brilliance

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
uk.jpg

The 'British worker' in this poster campaign is Irish actor David O'Rourke who moved to the UK from Dublin.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I can only assume that UKIP are providing such a threat to the main parties that people feel the need to rip into them at any opportunity ( and this one is pathetically weak ). Strange how we don't get as many posts about the Labour MP being done for assault, the Lib Dem MP accused of rape, the theft of public funds by Tory MPs, the Labour mayor who called disabled people spastics.

Or maybe the Lib Dems of Baker, Bellotti and LDC ???

Strange that !

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
An Romanian will be along in a minute to steal that blokes pitch.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Why is he having his tea break sat on the floor? He seems to care about HASAW, with his hat, boots and hi-vis yet he leaves his cuppa on the floor in front of him where anyone could knock into it.

D

Deleted member 22389

I can only assume that UKIP are providing such a threat to the main parties that people feel the need to rip into them at any opportunity ( and this one is pathetically weak ). Strange how we don't get as many posts about the Labour MP being done for assault, the Lib Dem MP accused of rape, the theft of public funds by Tory MPs, the Labour mayor who called disabled people spastics.

Or maybe the Lib Dems of Baker, Bellotti and LDC ???

Completely agree, but we might as well add something

Strange that !

Let's add our own then

Milliband takes on zero hour contracts
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27151514

Then

Labour councils use staff with zero hours contracts
http://www.channel4.com/news/labour-councils-use-staff-with-zero-hours-contracts

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Very uncomfortable with that advert. It only encourages xenophobic attitudes. Whatever people feel about immigration controls, that poster is just not right.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
And it's a WHITE hat. not a yellow one which seems to be the rule nowadays on sites. Don#t want any comments about the yellow peril, or possibly lnks to the LibDems, eh?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Not far away from Conservative's old election tagline "If You Want A ****** For a Neighbour, Vote Labour". Ukip, a party of wankers, for wankers.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And it's a WHITE hat. not a yellow one which seems to be the rule nowadays on sites.

White hats are fine, and probably the most common. I've never kown a site have rules on it. That said, his HOOD would be against the rules on a number of sites.

(Although looking at how nice and new looking his boots and vest are, he's not convincing anyone that he even WANTS to do any hard work!)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm confused. So it's immigrants who work and white, British people who sit around on the pavement begging? Well, let's have more of those hard working immigrants then please.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Whatever you think about the Poster, there is no doubt that Eastern Europeans have stuffed the English Working Classes when it comes to taking jobs in certain areas. 20 years ago when I went to Boston in Lincolnshire to visit my wife's relatives there wasn't one Eastern European working the fields. Now there are thousands. Who has benefited from this? The Eastern Europeans who are prepared to work for minimum wage ? The bosses of the companies that run these massive agricultural companies? Consumers of vegetables all over the UK who have seen the prices kept low? Certainly not those who have historically lived and worked in the area.

But none of that matters or even needs to be discussed because a bloke appearing on a Poster is an Actor.....

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
White hats are fine, and probably the most common. I've never kown a site have rules on it. That said, his HOOD would be against the rules on a number of sites.

(Although looking at how nice and new looking his boots and vest are, he's not convincing anyone that he even WANTS to do any hard work!)

It must be different elsewhere to Seaford, here yellow seems to be de rigeur this year.The Library, McCarthy and Stone. just about every site it's rape-seed colour. Whatever happened to orange?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm confused. So it's immigrants who work and white, British people who sit around on the pavement begging? Well, let's have more of those hard working immigrants then please.

Irish.

I think its warning us against Irish beggars.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here