Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a post-match "lap of honour/appreciation" thing tonight - would you see it?

If there was a post-match "lap of honour/appreciation" thing tonight - would you see it?

• Yes, yes I will.

Votes: 71 65.1%
  • No, no I won't.

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • It depends on the result (or something else)

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The biggest loss, for me, of the movement of this fixture from Saturday to Friday is what it means for the traditional last home match of the season "lap of honour/appreciation" thing.

Will it go ahead tonight - I have no idea, but I'd be fearful of there not being too many people about to participate if it does go ahead. Those with transport-phobia will leg it, as will those with young kids. The sad thing is this will be the time to say "goodbye" to a number of players, so it's a shame if that doesn't happen properly, and I can't see how it will.

So, if there is a post-match thing - are you likely to still be about to see it?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I voted because I'm watching it from the comfort of my own home this evening not my ST seat

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The biggest loss, for me, of the movement of this fixture from Saturday to Friday is what it means for the traditional last home match of the season "lap of honour/appreciation" thing.

Will it go ahead tonight - I have no idea, but I'd be fearful of there not being too many people about to participate if it does go ahead. Those with transport-phobia will leg it, as will those with young kids. The sad thing is this will be the time to say "goodbye" to a number of players, so it's a shame if that doesn't happen properly, and I can't see how it will.

So, if there is a post-match thing - are you likely to still be about to see it?

It's a Friday night, it's not like the kids will have school in the morning, I'll have my 7 and 9 yr old and we'll clap them round for the lap if they do one.

I hope they do as they've given their all this season with some of the younger players really stepping up to the plate. It will also stagger the transport queues a bit...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not going to Forest, and there's a good chance there will be no play offs, so the post match lap tonight, may just be the last time I see Mr INIGO CALDERON* in Brighton kit. There is NOTHING that will stop me from staying behind and showing my appreciation to that man.

(*Not to mention Stephen Ward, Sexy Pete, Bruno, Casper and a whole host of others)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a Friday night, it's not like the kids will have school in the morning, I'll have my 7 and 9 yr old and we'll clap them round for the lap if they do one.

I hope they do as they've given their all this season with some of the younger players really stepping up to the plate. It will also stagger the transport queues a bit...
Unfortunately Bold we don't all live in Hove, actually.

Tagging another half hour + onto an already very late may well be too much for Jnr.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seriously - the thought of Calde, walking round that pitch late tonight, in the rain, with lightning overhead, with his hands above his head, clapping back at just a smattering of people left in the ground, makes me want to CRY.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Seriously - the thought of Calde, walking round that pitch late tonight, in the rain, with lightning overhead, with his hands above his head, clapping back at just a smattering of people left in the ground, makes me want to CRY.

Have you organised lightning specially for him then?

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Calde has organised the lightning, Edna. He can do that.

He's going to look even more HEROIC than usual.

If he doesn't get another contract I will seriously question whether the club knows what it is doing. He is doing his coaching badges, should get another year as back up full back and coaching role thrown in. In my opinion obviously.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I will watch it, but can understand if people have to leave as it's a friday. This is another of the reasons why moving the last home game of the season to a friday is a disgrace.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Yes - Actually, I think I've always thought that it's a chance for the players to show their appreciation to the fans for supporting them rather than the other way round.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he doesn't get another contract I will seriously question whether the club knows what it is doing. He is doing his coaching badges, should get another year as back up full back and coaching role thrown in. In my opinion obviously.
When the hell is Calde going to have time to coach?
After he's done all the clubs promotional work, teaching, his AitC goodwill ambassador work, and charitable stuff.
Not to mention attending all the functions the players are contractually obliged to do.

Now you want him to be first team ready and a coach.

Poor fella, I'm surprised Farage and the Daily Mail aren't on his back for 'coming over here stealing our jobs'.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I hope they don't do it as it will look dreadful with no one there, can you imagine if we lose as well, half the crowd will be gone by the final whistle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here