Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex: where hope goes to die

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
With Yeovil needing a win against Brighton and favourable results elsewhere to keep any hope of survival alive, it is highly likely that the Albion will relegate the Glovers this evening. And this comes just twelve months after Wolves faced the same fate.

In just three seasons at Falmer, the ground will have played host to two games that have caused the relegation of Brighton's opponents. Like wolves before them, Yeovil arrive at the Amex with a glimmer of hope, but have a job to do if they're to avoid the drop.

I thought this was quite a surprising stat, and a record I wouldn't mind the ground continuing.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
While mathematically possible for Yeovil to survive it is so unlikely that I have a better chance of winning the lottery jackpot twice in the same week ! Yeovil have already admitted themselves they are down.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
When I read the thread title I was almost convinced you meant *our* hope. Classic case of NSC syndrome!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Mathematically yes.

But Gary Johnson has already admitted they're down in numerous interviews, so I'm hoping it may be a bit of a half-hearted effort tonight from them. If the manager's given up, it's usually a sign that the players have too.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Either way they are going to attack tonight so will benefit us and should make a good game . We need to score a few too just in case . Definitely no parking the bus tonight !!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Here's hoping we're playing QPR in the last home game of next season then.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Mathematically yes.

But Gary Johnson has already admitted they're down in numerous interviews, so I'm hoping it may be a bit of a half-hearted effort tonight from them. If the manager's given up, it's usually a sign that the players have too.

Indeed. I wonder what odds you would get on the ALL of the following happening :

> Birmingham losing all their last three games by at least 3-0
> Barnsley losing both their last two games
> Yeovil winning both their last two games by at least 3-0

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Here's hoping we're playing QPR in the last home game of next season then.
Whats wrong with playing our last home game next season against Crystal Palarse, that would be good.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We'll send them down with a thumping 0-0 draw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here