Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LDC Recycling Boxes and Bags are rubbish

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

Does anyone else find the black plastic boxes and bags absolutely useless for recycling of paper and cardboard. First of all it is not enough for the amount of paper and cardboard we get, secondly the boxes just get blown across the road, and the bags with cardboard just get soaking wet.

We need proper wheelie bins like they had in Luton. You could put paper and cardboard in both.
I did contact them and ask, but there are no plans to change it. Who decided this was a good idea, because it irritates the hell out of me.

I bet people just throw things like cardboard in the normal bin because they can't be bothered tearing up cardboard boxes in to little pieces so they can squeeze it in to those pathetic material bags.

May be they should cut out the free translation service, then they might be able to afford everyone proper bins.
http://www.lewes.gov.uk/community/1450.asp

Last edited by a moderator:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Does anyone else find the black plastic boxes and bags absolutely useless for recycling of paper and cardboard. First of all it is not enough for the amount of paper and cardboard we get, secondly the boxes just get blown across the road, and the bags with cardboard just get soaking wet.

We need proper wheelie bins like they had in Luton. You could put paper and cardboard in both.
I did contact them and ask, but there are no plans to change it. Who decided this was a good idea, because it irritates the hell out of me.

I bet people just throw things like cardboard in the normal bin because they can't be bothered tearing up cardboard boxes in to little pieces so they can squeeze it in to those pathetic material bags.

May be they should cut out the free translation service, then they might be able to afford everyone proper bins.
http://www.lewes.gov.uk/community/1450.asp

Not sure if this is correct, but I heard the black plastic bags were to comply with an EU directive. Luton will probably have to get rid of their wheelie bins, but they likely have a time extension to comply, due to the large muslim population.

For what it is worth I agree with you. Wheelie bins are best for recycling.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
And the black boxes to take plastic bottles have no lids, so after a period of heavy rain they are full of water and difficult to lift. When I questioned the lack of lids I was told to drill holes in the bottom to let the water out!

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Delete the words "Recycling Boxes and Bags" from the title of this thread and you've got it spot on!

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
We still have wheelie bins in Steyning/Bramber , are they thinking of changing them ? We have a free one for rubbish and recycling then another one we pay £30 a year for garden rubbish . If so , what morons the EU are ! VOTE UKIP !!!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here