Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

C4 Continuity "biscuits" announcer

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Channel Fours Continuity announcer this evening has Tourettes, thankfully she is quite clean and says "biscuits" "hedgehog" and "cats" involuntarily.
On paper, one of the few jobs you would think that would be completely unsuitable for a tourettes sufferer, but it has caused me to pay more attention to the announcements, and I think she should be kept on.
But I was wondering if this is the most inappropriate job/disability pairing or if there has ever been a blind lookout or a deaf piano tuner or something and if it actually worked out ok?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Well, the local TV presenter for BBC East told us how Ipswich are still vying for promotion in the Champion Shit this AM. I can only assume Mick McCarthy has them on a diet of pure roughage,eggs and all-bran.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Channel Fours Continuity announcer this evening has Tourettes, thankfully she is quite clean and says "biscuits" "hedgehog" and "cats" involuntarily.
On paper, one of the few jobs you would think that would be completely unsuitable for a tourettes sufferer, but it has caused me to pay more attention to the announcements, and I think she should be kept on.
But I was wondering if this is the most inappropriate job/disability pairing or if there has ever been a blind lookout or a deaf piano tuner or something and if it actually worked out ok?

Also. It might be an opportunity for C4 to commission a comedy about a Cat (probably played by Lee Mack) who plans to steal Biscuits from a hedgehog (played by Miranda Hart) with hilarious consequences! Not.

Be an improvement in their output IMO

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
it has caused me to pay more attention to the announcements
Jon Richardson said as much on 8 out of 10 once. He said the best teacher, was the one with a speech impediment. He'd always listen to his technology teacher because his speech was funny, and he could still remember the things he was taught.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here