Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Summer Tournament At The AMEX

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Just an idea...

Why not invite Sussex teams to play at the AMEX in the summer and have a festival of football over a week or two. It would highlight the community aspect of the stadium, give local players the chance at playing on a world class pitch. The club could put a team out. Even if it was just a knockout tournament. We could have two games in one day to increase crowds.

I was thinking about teams like Hastings, Lewes, Eastbourne, Rye, Whitehawk, Horsham etc...

Any thoughts? Positive or negative!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Such a tournament would be very poorly attended.

Oct 25, 2003
so basically like the Sussex Senior Cup, but after the Sussex Senior Cup has ended and during the close season when both players and the pitch need a rest?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
At a point when players haven't signed for a club and the pitch has been dug up! Try again

Just an idea...

Why not invite Sussex teams to play at the AMEX in the summer and have a festival of football over a week or two. It would highlight the community aspect of the stadium, give local players the chance at playing on a world class pitch. The club could put a team out. Even if it was just a knockout tournament. We could have two games in one day to increase crowds.

I was thinking about teams like Hastings, Lewes, Eastbourne, Rye, Whitehawk, Horsham etc...

Any thoughts? Positive or negative!

A mini footie tournament for seagull club teams might be more productive??? But i'm not sure the club could be bothered.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Why Rye?
They have folded and no longer exist!
In addition they were only Sussex County Division 1 - Plenty more teams from Sussex further up the pyramid.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I had a few keyboard lessons when I was at school. I wonder if they'd let me do a gig at the Royal Albert Hall.

If you wired up a keyboard to a car battery you could busk outside. Take the dog on a length of string for maximum impact. Or you could just play with your org.............no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here