Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Jones: No Time for Soft Spots

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

Assistant head coach Nathan Jones says he’ll be putting aside any feelings of nostalgia when Brighton & Hove Albion host his former club Yeovil Town on Friday, as the Seagulls look to put the pressure on their play-off rivals.*
The Welshman, who spent seven years with the Glovers, feels Albion need no extra motivation against a side who are all but mathematically relegated and has called on his Brighton players to start quickly.*
“I have an affiliation with Yeovil from my time there. I went there for a certain reason and it worked out fantastically well” he told seagulls.co.uk.*
“When I left Albion I went there to prolong my career and played until I was 39 and they gave me my start in management, as player/assistant manager, and I had seven fantastic years there, but tomorrow it won’t make any difference.
“If they have any added motivation then that’s up to them, but every side that comes here is motivated. What we have to concentrate on is our own performance and we have to get a result that’s good for Albion and not worry about anything else.
“A win will really put the pressure on [those also chasing a play-off spot] and this gives us a chance to move on quickly.*
“But, I know what Yeovil do and they’ll come here positive, they’ll give 100 per cent, work for their club and they’ll graft for themselves and their manager. It’ll be as difficult a game as we’ve had here.*
“They’ll be prepared and up for it tomorrow, I can promise you that.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Jones also reiterated Albion’s desire to come out the blocks firing – a trait that served the team well in key home wins over Leicester and, more recently, Charlton.*

“We want a fast start because we recognise the importance of getting the first goal at any level, especially in the Championship, because it is so, so competitive.
“We want to get the crowd going, to get a really good atmosphere, but also to put people on the back foot – like a boxer, we want to land those first few punches.
“Sometimes it doesn’t happen but sometimes it does. If I could guarantee it every game then I’d be the best in the world, but that’s what we’re aiming for.*
“Tomorrow when we come here we’ll need the crowd too, to get right behind us and know it’ll take 90 minutes to achieve it and hopefully we can come out and give them something to cheer about.”*
UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES
Albion v Yeovil Town:
Friday 25th April, kick-off 7.45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here