Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advantage playing tomorrow night?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If we can win tomorrow night, the pressure on Reading to win on Saturday will be massive.For once playing on a Friday night could massively be in our favour. ....Of course we have to win the game first.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If we can win tomorrow night, the pressure on Reading to win on Saturday will be massive.For once playing on a Friday night could massively be in our favour. ....Of course we have to win the game first.

I reckon DISADVANTAGE.

If we win on Friday, then Bournemouth go into their match with Forest knowing that they are effectively out of it, thus reducing their incentive to get a result, and thus increasing the likelihood that Forest will be still in it on the 3rd.

(All ignoring that we still need Reading to slip up, too)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Its all a bit academic and straw clutching having not done the business v Blackpool.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
For once I think Kevtherev is right.

I also think we will win.

Why? because it'll get our hopes up nicely, just to have them dashed on the final day of the season.

Reading are just as inconsistent as all the teams in the 6-10th shake up so, wouldn't be surprised if they do fluff their lines IF we win.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
It's a big advantage to put pressure on Reading. Don't know about any one else but the buzz I had prior to Blackpool game has well and truly disappeared. I'm hoping a couple of pints lunchtime tomorrow and I might rediscover it.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
As long as the team decide to go for it in the first few minutes of the game, and the Amex will get behind the boys and cheer them onto victory in the final league game of the season!! :albion2:

So it all comes down to our mates at Donny again

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I reckon DISADVANTAGE.

If we win on Friday, then Bournemouth go into their match with Forest knowing that they are effectively out of it, thus reducing their incentive to get a result, and thus increasing the likelihood that Forest will be still in it on the 3rd.

'fraid I'm slightly more inclined to go with this.

However, I'm sure I read somewhere that Bournemouth are going for their highest ever league finish (or highest for a long time), so that could provide some incentive for them...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The incentive for Bournemouth taking all 3 points is going above Forest in the table.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I reckon DISADVANTAGE.

We need to forget pretty much everyone bar Reading. We HAVE to win our 2 games. All that matters is that Reading don't win both of theirs. IMO.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
However, I'm sure I read somewhere that Bournemouth are going for their highest ever league finish (or highest for a long time), so that could provide some incentive for them...

I can't see that something like that would serve as any incentive to their players sadly. To Howe maybe - higher finish is better on his CV.

A win on Friday, coupled with a Bournemouth win, would mean that Forest go into our final game with nothing to play for.

A Bournemouth-Forest draw would be the consolation prize - leaving Forest needing to beat us by 4 or so to overhaul us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We need to forget pretty much everyone bar Reading. We HAVE to win our 2 games. All that matters is that Reading don't win both of theirs. IMO.

That's the point, you DIN. Forest going into our game with nothing to play for, would INCREASE our chances of achieving that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A big win (3 or 4 nil, unlikely I know) tomorrow night would put MASSIVE pressure on Reading.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I can't see that something like that would serve as any incentive to their players sadly. To Howe maybe - higher finish is better on his CV.

A win on Friday, coupled with a Bournemouth win, would mean that Forest go into our final game with nothing to play for.

A Bournemouth-Forest draw would be the consolation prize - leaving Forest needing to beat us by 4 or so to overhaul us.

If that doesn't incentivise the Bournemouth players then they shouldn't be playing. Higher league finish equals higher prize money and potentially higher player bonuses.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
What will be will be! Fwiw, I think we will win the next two as will Reading leaving us to dream once again about what could've been!

I wasn't going to post anything, but it wanted to show-off my new Avatar!
:wave:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here