Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strange little Amex habits?

Little things that you might do at the amex.
I never stand and clap the team out unless they have won the previous game???
I always walk the length of the esu and look over each end from the disabled area:blush:
My first comments after kick off is always"blue to blue":facepalm:

What silly little things are you in the habit of doing:moo:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I like to arrive at least 30 minutes before kick off; enjoy a pie (usually chicken - but occasionally tempted by the 'special') and a pint (again usually Harveys, but occasionally a nice cold lager); be in my seat 10-15 minutes before kick off; chat to friends and family in our group; enjoy the build-up and fanzone; join in with STOOORRRREEEEERRRRRRRRR!; sing all of the words of Sussex by the Sea; enjoy the game (usually); never leave seat at half-time; usually stand and clap players being substituted; stay until the final whistle; clap the team off the pitch (usuallly).

Not sure if any of that is 'strange'.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I like to arrive at least 30 minutes before kick off; enjoy a pie (usually chicken - but occasionally tempted by the 'special') and a pint (again usually Harveys, but occasionally a nice cold lager); be in my seat 10-15 minutes before kick off; chat to friends and family in our group; enjoy the build-up and fanzone; join in with STOOORRRREEEEERRRRRRRRR!; sing all of the words of Sussex by the Sea; enjoy the game (usually); never leave seat at half-time; usually stand and clap players being substituted; stay until the final whistle; clap the team off the pitch (usuallly).

Not sure if any of that is 'strange'.

If it is, then it's quite a coincidence as this is my exact routine (substituting thes pecial most of the the time rather than occassionally, and tea for beer)

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
- Arrive around 2pm and walk clockwise around the whole stadium ending up at the East stand
- Go in and have a pie and watch the match on tv
- Always, always well up when I hear STTOORREERR!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Walk a lap of the stadium before going into the concourse

Leave on 89 minutes .... not next season though as will have the benefit of coach in/out, then I can become a true fan :moo:

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Always buy a programme, from the same kiosk. Like others, always look forward to STOOORREEERRRR, with my children always laughing a lot and my youngest always asking me whether it's the Storer clip yet. Always hope I'm never featured in the Fanzone section, but like to look around to see if who IS on camera is near me. Always have a cup of tea at half time and nothing before or after the match, my boys also have Fanta/water. Sometimes swap CDs at half time with other NSCers (this usually makes us win somehow).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Little things that you might do at the amex.
I never stand and clap the team out unless they have won the previous game???
I always walk the length of the esu and look over each end from the disabled area:blush:
My first comments after kick off is always"blue to blue":facepalm:

What silly little things are you in the habit of doing:moo:

You forgot that other little habit of yours - after a defeat, you rush back home to your PC to find something to moan about: Attendances, early leavers, singing, modern football is rubbish, we should have kept Dobbie.

I do wonder why you're a Brighton fan and why you watch the team when it makes you so unhappy.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I always moan how shit Harvey's beer is then order a quick pint before kick off.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Dont clap during GOSBTS because EVERYONE gets out of time with the music.
Always clap the team off, no matter the score.
I like to stand in a very particular place in the WSU at the end of the game; i can see two TVs (Amex broadcast and the late game), see the station, look out at the city and look at the buses / q situation.

Just a coupe of habits.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I always have the exact same routine. Up the pub at 11 for 3 pints. 12.33 train to Brighton to get to the Amex early at 13.00.

Always use the same turnstile at the northern WSU entrance. Count the stairs on the way up to the concourse. Meet my friends. Have 4 pints (the third one with a chicken, ham and leek pie).

Up to my seat just as Hey Jude starts, sing along irritating everyone in front of me. Belt out Sussex By The Sea.

Then enjoy the game.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
My lad always reiterates the 'Beeeeeeeautiful goal' Horton goal commentary without fail.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Coming in from the Park and Ride towards the stadium, my brother and I always buy a programme from the same kiosk, and then (in common with a lot of other people it seems from this thread, walk right round the stadium to get to our South Stand Entrance, even though we can see it when we are walking down from the Park and Ride.

This usually sparks comments about how crap Dick's bar is, and then comments about the legends pictures. For the last three matches this has brought the conversation round to Brian Dear, for some reason, whom we did not sign at some point in about 1832 because he was too lazy, even though at the end of the previous season he had scored about 5 goals per game. I am exaggerating enormously, but what would be our attitude to someone who scored goals regularly but didn't do much else today.?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
You forgot that other little habit of yours - after a defeat, you rush back home to your PC to find something to moan about: Attendances, early leavers, singing, modern football is rubbish, we should have kept Dobbie.

I do wonder why you're a Brighton fan and why you watch the team when it makes you so unhappy.

I thought exactly this as well, sorry ROTR.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I always have the exact same routine. Up the pub at 11 for 3 pints. 12.33 train to Brighton to get to the Amex early at 13.00.

Always use the same turnstile at the northern WSU entrance. Count the stairs on the way up to the concourse. Meet my friends. Have 4 pints (the third one with a chicken, ham and leek pie).

Up to my seat just as Hey Jude starts, sing along irritating everyone in front of me. Belt out Sussex By The Sea.

Then enjoy the game.

Wot! No pints afterwards??

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I try and mouth the words the commentators are saying over that little clip they play before kick off, from "one on one with the keeper" thru "stuff of dreams". I usually get something wrong somewhere, and it really throws me out when they change it.

It got me thinking the other day, when they say "That's a beautiful goal!" with a simple corner coming over and Horton heading it in, the idea of "beautiful goal" was obviously different in the late 70s than it is now.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Only ever clockwise arond the stadium. Someone else said this. We thought this was personal to us. Strangely disappointed that we are not alone!

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Always arrive around 2 and go to the further WSU entrance (tried lower one once, we lost). Have a pint, Harveys or Strongbow weather depending. ALWAYS pee on the right hand side, closest to the pitch (again, tried the other once, we lost). Stay to the end, jog down to the platform, then spend the car journey home talking about if's, but's and whether it is still 'in our own hands'!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here