Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giggs..... 25/1

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
If Giggs wins his 4 games, and it seems like the players and fans will be well behind him, Scholes, and Butt - surely they will have to give him a 1 year deal?

25/1 on him becoming the next boss is amazing value, and well worth a punt......around 9/1 seems the right price.

Last edited:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I think he'll be a United manager in future, but not just yet. Some time as assistant under an experienced top man (Van Gaal, Ancelotti) would be the perfect apprenticeship.

If you want to talk about no chance, I put a couple of quid on Keane getting it at 210/1...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Or double carpet w/ b365 if you prefer. The "caretaker manager to be the permanent manager" is an angle I like and one which has been profitable for me in the past - but I won't be playing on this occasion. GL if you do.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
longest serving player - all the coaching badges, heroes as his staff....and win all 4 games....and you think they will sack them? no chance!

It won't be a sacking! His contract is just for those four games so it will simply expire.

Giggs knows he won't get the job.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
longest serving player - all the coaching badges, heroes as his staff....and win all 4 games....and you think they will sack them? no chance!

the share valuation rose £125 million in New York this week on rumours that Moyes was on the way out. It would drop back more than that if they appointed Giggs for next season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How about Giggs as manager and Sir Alex back as Director of Football. Mind I said some time ago about Van Gaarl as tbeir next manager and was laughed at but then I did add Poyet to Spurs.

That would make their shares value rise.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
If Giggs wins his 4 games, and it seems like the players and fans will be well behind him, Scholes, and Butt - surely they will have to give him a 1 year deal?

25/1 on him becoming the next boss is amazing value, and well worth a punt......around 9/1 seems the right price.

Not a chance, waste of money. Even he's said he won't do it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you should read the mainstream media sometime, where its reported Giggs has been told by the vice chairman he's not in consideration. He will most likely win all four remaining games, but they want a a safe established manager.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
How about Wenger? Out of contract, and reliably gets CL qualfication (revenue) on a small and restricted budget. Happy to sell his best players to balance the books and keep the share price stable. Glazers would love it, <desist>.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No one on here seems to have mentioned it, but what about Sir Alex returning?, maybe not long-term, just for a season so he can put right some of David Moyes wrong doings.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
United have done things completely the wrong way around.

The most crucial thing to prove in the aftermath of Fergie leaving was that the club could move on and keep winning trophies without him at the helm. In order to achieve this, the best thing to do would have been to appoint an experienced short-term manager to get over that hurdle (an Ancelotti or a van Gaal), and then appoint a younger boss (Moyes) to build something for the future.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
No one on here seems to have mentioned it, but what about Sir Alex returning?, maybe not long-term, just for a season so he can put right some of David Moyes wrong doings.

Why on earth would he go back as an also-ran in the league and reduce his reputation. As it is he went out as a champion with an over-achieving team. He must be loving it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here