Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bookers price list

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Hi all.

Really strange question - does anyone know how to get access to Booker's price list without being a customer? I'm not a customer of theirs, but I am trying to research costings for their beer prices (as a price comparison), and they hide their price list behind a login screen!!!

Had a bit of a look on google and nothings coming up, would any of you guys know how to be able to locate it online?!!

Many thanks

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Cheers mate, I've got a mate with a bookers card who has said he will take me up there tomorrow, but just trying to find prices for research really!!!! Why do they make it so bloody hard for potential new customers to have a look at what they offer?!?!!

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
I have an account. I can let you know the prices if you list the products you are interested in. I dont think you can access the prices without an account as I have to log in every time I place an order.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Cheers mate, I've got a mate with a bookers card who has said he will take me up there tomorrow, but just trying to find prices for research really!!!! Why do they make it so bloody hard for potential new customers to have a look at what they offer?!?!!

Because if there was open access there would be plenty of disgruntled shoppers when they find out wholesale prices.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We found, when we had a pub, that in mostà cases and for most lines Tesco was cheaper than Nurdin & Peacock which then became Bookers and prices went up.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Organising a society ball for 300 odd in a couple of weeks.

Was quite looking forward to going to the cash and carry, expecting dirt cheap beers and all that, so took a bit of cash for myself as well as for the other bits we needed. To repeat what others have said, Tesco/Asda were considerably cheaper for beer and spirits. Asda for example are doing 45 bottles of Budweiser at the moment for £20.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Ah to be fair I'm after barrel prices - something the supermarkets don't sell :(

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The group buying power of an organisation like TESCO is off the scale when compared to the cash and carries. I can't imagine the C&C trade can get anywhere near the volume discounts on booze that the big supermarkets are able to pull off.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hi all.

Really strange question - does anyone know how to get access to Booker's price list without being a customer? I'm not a customer of theirs, but I am trying to research costings for their beer prices (as a price comparison), and they hide their price list behind a login screen!!!

Had a bit of a look on google and nothings coming up, would any of you guys know how to be able to locate it online?!!

Many thanks

Oops ! never noticed you were looking only for beer. It could still be worth a trip over the Channel for some cans if needed. Failing that you could try getting in touch with Dark Star as I believe they do Minipins and Polypins of beer.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Oops ! never noticed you were looking only for beer. It could still be worth a trip over the Channel for some cans if needed. Failing that you could try getting in touch with Dark Star as I believe they do Minipins and Polypins of beer.

That's alright mate!! It's kinda what I'm doing anyway - my mate owns a bar, but is buying his beer by the barrel from the C&C, I've been trying to persuade him to buy local from nearby breweries, as the margin will be better and the produce will be that bit more exclusive (and better). What I'm trying to do is get the prices to compare them for him. He's adamant he is getting the best deal possible, so won't entertain the idea until I prove otherwise - hence why I can't get the beer prices from him!!!!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
That's alright mate!! It's kinda what I'm doing anyway - my mate owns a bar, but is buying his beer by the barrel from the C&C, I've been trying to persuade him to buy local from nearby breweries, as the margin will be better and the produce will be that bit more exclusive (and better). What I'm trying to do is get the prices to compare them for him. He's adamant he is getting the best deal possible, so won't entertain the idea until I prove otherwise - hence why I can't get the beer prices from him!!!!

He is mental. There is no way it is cheaper to by beer by the barrel from Bookers. He could get it far cheaper from any number of breweries and get it delivered to his bar. If he does not want to be tied to a brewery point him in the direction of companies like HT White's or Coleman's they will deliver him beer at competitive prices.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We found, when we had a pub, that in mostà cases and for most lines Tesco was cheaper than Nurdin & Peacock which then became Bookers and prices went up.
Now that's a name from my past!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here