upson-l229-1506525_478x359.jpg

Matthew Upson
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
16:35 23rd April 2014
by George Martindale
A great attitude and mentality on Friday and the ball is back in our court"
Matthew Upson
2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

Brighton & Hove Albion defender Matthew Upson has called for his teammates to focus on the positives and show a strong mentality as they approach the final two games of the season.
The Seagulls are loitering outside the play-off places in seventh place but know a win on Friday against Yeovil Town will push themselves back into the top six and put the pressure back on their rivals.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “Disappointment is certainly an emotion we are feeling after the Blackpool game, but we’ve got to be careful we don’t get too disappointed. We are still in a great position and it is still all to play for.*
“We are far from out of the play-off chase. We’ve got plenty to play for and we need to make sure that we come back with a great attitude on Friday and get the result we need. *
“We cannot get too down because we have to have a good performance. A great attitude and mentality on Friday and the ball is back in our court.

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Upson was recalled to his defensive berth for the visit of Blackpool after missing the 1-1 draw with Huddersfield due to injury, and the 35-year-old admits although he is still not 100 per cent fit, he is fully committed to completing the season.*
“I am carrying a bit of a knock which is disappointing because it’s not something I think will ease off too much at this stage of the season, but I am just trying to get through and finish the season well from a personal point of view.*
“I have a small tear in a tendon on the side of my ankle, it’s just painful but I will just take a few tablets to see me through because I want to make sure I am fit and available for every game.”

UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES
Albion v Yeovil Town:
Friday 25th April, kick-off 7.45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here